šŸ’„ ARE YOU OLD? šŸ’„

6 Likes

welcome back! how long until we can greet you again in the lounge?

5 Likes

I threw out all the other boxes that had the ingredients listed but i still had this one! This is the ā€œanti aging skin oilā€ i donā€™t know if it works but i like the feel of it on me skin!

7 Likes

Apparently Iā€™m already a regular againā€¦ Just checked the new lounge to see whether I missed many comments.

What the hell people. What. The hell.

19 Likes

Lounge is a little bigger now. Weā€™re also a verbose lot. :wink:

13 Likes

you will get really old trying to catch up

13 Likes

Iā€™ve skimmed to 1000 posts, and Iā€™ll be back later. Also, Iā€™m a little disappointed that there was an article about the ass-shaped blimp and nobody mentioned that thereā€™s a word for that shape. An English word, even - you wouldnā€™t want people to think that the Germans had all the best terms.

11 Likes

Well, I missed you. I took off for the evening before I got a chance to tell you that. Iā€™m glad youā€™re back!!!

7 Likes

Thereā€™s some weird shit going on here lately. In this case, it worked in your favor. Just ride it out.

8 Likes

Thank you, that means a lot. Itā€™s been an eventful month, but Iā€™ve missed you all too!

10 Likes

Iā€™m old enough to be president. Iā€™m also wise enough not to try to be president but Iā€™ve been that wise for a few years now. :blush:

12 Likes

Donā€™t beat yourself up, I got lost in Oslo all the time when I was living there, the streets frequently donā€™t run the way you expect. On the other hand, I really am old.

7 Likes

I plead denial. Can I plead denial? Fuckit, I donā€™t care, thatā€™s my plea.

5 Likes

Costco has started selling colagen pills, not that they are as good as a whole food sourceā€¦

Wacky ray Kurzweil also has lecithin on his short list of recommended supplements, although his complete list of consumption is quite long.

2 Likes

One of the things I like about Europe is that you can get into a situation like that and get out of it without too much trouble (if my host had cancelled, there were a couple of other options). The while trip cost about ā‚¬300 including a flight, bus, train and ferry journey (and food etc.). Itā€™s a bit more than I was expecting, but Iā€™ve briefly visited three new countries (up to #53 now) so it was worth it.

Also, Denmark had the most cheerful electrical sockets. Theyā€™re just so happy to be of service:

11 Likes

It is an advantage of being geographically small and having good public transportation. However, my experience is that it isnā€™t always so easy; flights get cancelled (Alitalia was always full of surprises!) and the replacements are suddenly ā‚¬200 instead of ā‚¬50. Iā€™ve been stuck in Rome on more than one occasion.

cost about ā‚¬300

What/where did you eat in Oslo? My experience was that eating out anywhere other than the Ikea cafe could cut quickly through the cash reserves. (To give some frame of reference for people who havenā€™t been there, if youā€™ve been in Oslo for a while then travel to London one tends to marvel at how cheap everything is.)

3 Likes

I tend to buy very little on cycling trips, and mainly take muesli, bananas, other fruit, snickers, full grain sandwiches etc. in my luggage. My host had invited me for dinner, so I didnā€™t need a full meal. Having a bike can also give you the mobility and carrying capacity to find somewhere cheaper to buy food.

5 Likes

Ah, OK. Groceries are also high there, but relatively not as high as everything else. I could even get bananas at the nearest grocery there cheaper than here, which is insane since we grow the things.

1 Like

Old as balls: last Christmas I yelled at kids exploding firecrackers near my bedroom window.

8 Likes

Yesterday I yelled at some kids (not in view, but audible) to get their bikes and scooters out of our driveway where theyā€™d dumped them, before I threw them away. (Didnā€™t want the driveway blocked when my spouse came homeā€¦)

Itā€™s not quite GET OFF MY LAWN but close enough.

11 Likes