Boris Johnson quits as party leader, says he will stay on as Prime Minister

What if the party/caucus appoints an acting leader? (Yes, good luck on them deciding who that would be.)

3 Likes

They could try to persuade the Queen to dismiss him in favour of their chosen interim leader, but I don’t know what the outcome of that would be: it’s uncharted constitutional territory, as far as I’m aware.

4 Likes

The only way to get a new election is for Parliament to vote for it. Given the tory party’s majority, and current position in the polls, these turkeys are not going to vote for an early christmas.

5 Likes

Good rant AND summary.

nsfw, obvs

20 Likes

If they were determined, I’m sure they could dig up the crucifixes and other holy relics that they used to drive Thatcher to the Queen.

Still, he’s useful now as a blame sponge.

3 Likes

Accurate, Brutal, Necessary. Whoever made that, I tip my hat.

4 Likes

This is ranting done right.

8 Likes

It’s just so he can redo last year’s intimate wedding at a nicer location, his ministerial retreat.

5 Likes
12 Likes
6 Likes

Not guaranteed to work in Alberta!

Gorg.

3 Likes

I’m curious. If one were to run a game of Diana: Warrior Princess what type of character do you think NPC Boris Johnson would be? He’s no Undead Sorceress Thatcher or crime boss the Queenmother, but I can’t see him on the side of Warrior Princess Diana or her sidekick Fergie either.

Maybe he’s the Queenmother’s or Bonnie Prince Charlie’s bumbling patsy / scapegoat Boris Natasha who harasses Diana when he’s not busy trying to “get” the flying squirrel that lives in the nest on top of his head that he calls his hair. Said flying squirrel is named, of course, Rocky Balboa.

2 Likes

Can someone on here comment on the rumours that Pincher got offered the whip position because he had some dirt on Boris?

1 Like

Johnson pretty much doesn’t care about dirt being thrown, he has been dodging the consequences for decades. I would guess that it is Dominic Cummings spreading rumours.

4 Likes

No PM since Thatcher has been given a title, and Major and Blair only took Knighthoods. But it would be entirely in keeping for Boris to demand a seat in the Lords.

8 Likes

Really impressed by how well that guy holds it together, I’d have collapsed laughing a fair bit earlier.

4 Likes

I mean, he’s always good, but damn, son. Damn.

5 Likes

Right?

He’s good, but when his moral compass gets a stiffie, he’s so, SO GOOD.

4 Likes

I love the live resignations ticker tophat-biggrin
All it needs is the little Live Slug Reaction box bottom R.
live slug reaction

4 Likes

Best comment I’ve seen

9 Likes