Boston Globe receives threats after Trump slams coordinated editorials

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/16/boston-globe-receives-threats.html

7 Likes

What the hell is the “PROVE IT” for? :thinking:

8 Likes

Does Herr Drumpf also want to diss the AP?

3 Likes

For all the Trump supporters proudly reminding everyone else that their guy is the president like toddlers proudly telling their parents they shit their pants, someone needs to tell Trump he actually is the president of a large country and not a middle school student body president being called incompetent by the poopy-headed 5th grader who runs the school news paper.

10 Likes

Remember when long-distance rates applied to calls from Russia?

Oh no, you say the call is coming from inside the country!?!?!

15 Likes

Figures.
Let’s hope security is up to scratch.

1 Like

Some of his tweets would work just as well in the voice of a teenage Valley Girl - I wonder if Sarah Michelle Geller could be persuaded to voice them in the style of Buffy?

2 Likes

I guess collusion is kind of on his mind at the moment. FWIW herr president, it doesn’t mean an open collaboration to do something legal like, say, protect freedom of the press.

5 Likes

That baffled me, too. I dunno if he had more characters left over and figured he’d say something randomly “tough” or just blurted it into his phone.

It’s also sort of bizarre that his BIG REBUTTAL to 130 newspapers telling him to go to hell is to make up some weird fake numbers about how much the Globe was bought and sold for. The reality (which is public knowledge) is that the Globe was bought by the NYT in 1993 for $1.1 billion (not 1.3 billion or 2.1 billion) and was sold in 2013 for $70 million (not one dollar).

I mean, I know Trump’s a brilliant businessman who wrote The Art of the Deal all by himself without any help at all, but I’d think numbers wouldn’t be that hard.

8 Likes

What’s “collusion on free press” supposed to mean?

5 Likes

If the the (sic) failing New York Times can afford to spend $2.1 billion, then I must be an astronomical loser, because I will never be able to spend that kind of money.

1 Like

It’s a 10-year-old’s attempt to be clever, with the expected result for 73% of the country (i.e. bemusement or amusement). Unfortunately, the Know-Nothings see this nonsense as a (very stable) genius move that turns the tables on accusations of collusion by the evil librul media.

In terms of effect his tweets are like those poorly written Nigerian scam e-mails.

4 Likes

Anyone else feel like this fucking guy and his fart-cloud of hangers-on is doing serious damage to your ability to parse written language?

3 Likes

PROVE IT is the new cofeve.

It doesn’t mean anything.

3 Likes

I think he has an involuntary tick (or someone set up a twitter macro for him) where whenever he types the word “collusion” it automatically tacks “PROVE IT” at the end, assuming the tweet is about his collusion.

5 Likes

It’s kind of hilarious that he’s yelling about COLLUSION and how the free press is trying to destroy him with their lies about COLLUSION and yet the actual editorial, which apparently he didn’t read (because words are hard) makes no mention of the Russia investigation at all or even uses that word. It speaks about Trump’s threats to destroy the press.

6 Likes

are written that way on purpose. It is how they find the rubes and get rid of people that see thru the scam.

2 Likes

Glad Trump is finally confronting ‘collision on free press’ in a big way. I think we can all agree that kind of thing is extremely dangerous to our democracy.

8 Likes

What does he know about money? He has accountants for that. Plus, made up numbers are so much easier to find, and as soon as he says them they become the truth in the ears of his believers. Lastly, how DARE YOU look up stuff for yourself! That’s just not good form.

3 Likes

This needs more likes. Talk about fucking collusion.

2 Likes