#BowlingGreenMassacre is Trump spokesliar Kellyanne Conway's latest 'alternative fact'

Also, did Obama have a six-month ban on the Iraqi refugee program? Did he have any kind of ban on travel and immigration?

These are statements that the Trump administration keeps throwing around as justification for their Muslim ban. I haven’t found any source that confirms or denies it.

7 Likes

No, there was never a travel ban under Obama. There was a six month period where they slowed immigration approvals as they rescreened existing residents.

20 Likes

…and the massacre has already been added to Bowling Green’s Wikipedia entry.

10 Likes

I’m sorry, this is an alternative reality in which a group of Breitbart commentators decided that Mein Kampf was a pretty good guide to how to take over a country, but the German name of the website is the only link to the Nazis; this is the dark side of the US taking over the nest.
Every country has its dark side, everywhere it comes to power it is disastrous for ordinary people, and yet time and time again they even vote it in. There’s a lesson there but I don’t want to know it.

11 Likes

Also, do you think that from now on we should consider a suitable identifier - like this:
!?Kellyanne Conway?!
or this:
:poop:Kellyanne Conway​:poop:

to make it clear that someone being cited is a known liar?

13 Likes

You know, John Carpenter is from Bowling Green. Which one of his films is his attempt to let the truth out?

I think it’s Swamp Thing.

11 Likes

Hope she is getting LOTS of overtime trying to fact check Drumpf’s group!

2 Likes

I drove through it. Saw the Corvette plant…

1 Like

Well, there’s this, from 150 years ago. Thanks, Obama!

Union General Don Carlos Buell brought his Army of the Ohio southward from Green River in early 1862. Under General Ormsby Mitchell’s command, Bowling Green was bombarded from across Barren River. In mid-February 1862, Bowling Green fell into Union hands.

10 Likes

Yes, but the thing is, you’d think by now they would at least have a landmark…bowling green?*
It’s a nice enough town, but seems to resist any kind of nominative determinism.

Anyway, now it’s famous, and doubtless soon a large building will be erected on the site of the massacre. I confidently expect it to have the word “Trump” over the entrance, and a tower consisting of a hand with an elevated middle finger aligned towards that big statue in New York - beyond my Photoshop skills I fear.

*This may just be me, but as I live near a town called Bath which is famous for…a really big bath, I do like names to mean something.

5 Likes

And people say donald won’t create new job.

2 Likes

That 24hr ticker:

ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! .
I spit out my coffee when I saw it running even during Lee Greenwood. Maybe Fox knows something I don’t.

Fixed this for you…

8 Likes

Just remember, for individuals and organisations like this it’s not a great leap from inventing a bombing that never happened to inventing one that did.

They Live”. No question.

14 Likes

My best guess is that she was thinking about the incident where two Iraqi refugees were caught trying to ship weapons to Iraq from Bowling Green, Ohio. She probably meant to say “The Bowling Green Incident” or “the Bowling Green terrorists”, but fantastically, it came out “massacre”, and she just ran with it.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Is the Bowling Green Massacre how Rob Ford died? I mean, if he is in fact dead. I’m still unclear.

15 Likes

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. I’m going to assume anything this administration says is a lie unless backed up with actions or real evidence.

13 Likes

Seriously, though “thinking” is too strong a word in this context, I suspect that rattling around her mind was that librul attack on American values “Bowling for Columbine” and whatever goes on in her cranium conflated the two. I guess when you have to think about important things like $3600 dresses, boring stuff like doing your supposed job has to come second.

6 Likes

C’mon Press. You have to start refusing to talk to this person. Let her tweet.

5 Likes