Boy gets trapped in elevator after peeing on the buttons

I can’t be the only one to have pondered the realism of all those action movies wherein a secure electronic door is handily sabotaged by the convenient application of a bullet or alternative percussion. But it would appear that’s not so unrealistic after all.

It’s only a matter of time now before some writer with a deadline works this into the next action-comedy.

5 Likes

Dumb kid, serves him right. Also, this being in China, he’s lucky the elevator only shut down the panel. If the elevator had been especially vindictive that day it may have opened the doors and then trapped him as he exited and moved to the next floor. They would have called him peg leg or half pint.

1 Like

At least it wasn’t in Singapore.

6 Likes

Pissing on buttons before needing to press them seems to demonatrte a distinct lack of foresight.

7 Likes

Having hung around kids that peed on EVERYTHING, we found that if you peed in the coin slot of a 1980’s coke machine, free coke. And it would spit out $30 worth of quarters.

13 Likes

All I can think now is ”How many things have I touched in my life that someone had only recently maliciously covered in pee?" Hopefully I can count them on one hand because I don’t want to contaminate the other one.

14 Likes

I can just barely remember when I had that kind of water pressure.

Good times.

8 Likes

The worst part is that he didn’t realize he was trapped until AFTER he pooped all over the emergency phone.

9 Likes

A part of me is impressed that he got the whole bloody panel hosed down.

1 Like

Trump’s gonna be calling this kid up and invite him to work for him. Three things going for him: stupid, unqualified and fixated on urine. Definitely cabinet material for Trump.

3 Likes

True. The better story would have been that he got electrocuted.

9 Likes

He needs to learn that the ‘void where prohibited’ in the fine print isn’t an order.

8 Likes

Not enough likes. You win. (And owe me a new keyboard.)

Is China Florida now?

3 Likes

That was scary.

I would pee myself.

I hope he at least gets to keep a copy of the video. Maybe it’s reflective of the kind of goofy kids I grew up with but I knew a lot of guys who did that kind of silly-assed stunt. I’d make his rotten little ass work to pay for the damages but I couldn’t be mad at him. I probably couldn’t keep a straight face even trying to lecture him about it. Kinda like pissing up a rope, it just ain’t worth the effort.

Pee happens?

1 Like

This doesn’t surprise me. Public urination is (comparatively) not terribly uncommon in China. Doing it indoors (outside of a WC) is discouraged, but it can happen with children. In a fairly high end mall I saw some parents encouraging their child to pee in a potted plant.

It can be worse. A couple years back, my apartment building was without water for two or three days. Some people started shitting in the lobby. I think it may have been a form of protest. That would make a great idiom: “to shit in the lobby.”

4 Likes

Remember that urine is basically germ-free. The Romans used if (concentrated) for toothpaste. The medical professional in the house recommends washing your hands BEFORE you go to the toilet (and afterwards, too).

1 Like