Bratwurst queen fired after attending forbidden luncheon

Originally published at: Bratwurst queen fired after attending forbidden luncheon | Boing Boing

8 Likes

I must’ve missed this episode of Parks and Recreation when it first aired.

20 Likes

Another victim of the “sausage fest”.

7 Likes

I find that luncheon is often sweetest when forbidden, but YMMV.

7 Likes

Don’t mess with Big Sausage…

7 Likes

Does this mean the royal engagement is off?

abe-froman

17 Likes

From their Attorney (yes, this now involves an attorney):

The Bratwurst Board’s unjust action is allegedly based on Abigail and her mother attending the Baltimore Festival luncheon on August 6. Abigail was not attending the luncheon as a representative of the Bratwurst Festival. She was not dressed as the Bratwurst Queen – she was not wearing a dirndl, was not wearing a crown, and was not wearing a sash. She did not hold herself out as a representative of the Bratwurst Festival, and she and her mother paid for the luncheon themselves. To set the record straight on this, we are attaching a copy of the check used to pay for the luncheon, a letter from the Pageant/Queens Director of the Baltimore Festival, and a picture.taken at the 8/6/2022 Baltimore Festival luncheon. Abigail Brocwell was clearly on her own time – she was not representing the Bratwurst Festival.

As an aside, they also cancelled this woman’s Scholarship, which seems like a petty thing to do after she had spent almost a year going to many official functions as a part of her responsibilities.

24 Likes

seems a big hoo-hah over a damn wiener!
:no_mouth:

6 Likes

Frankly, these board members are the wurst.

18 Likes

They sound like brats to me.

15 Likes

Bratwurst is good. Nothing better than getting a hot juicy one on a roll from the Schnellimbiss outside the Hauptbahnhof in Mainz. Google Maps

6 Likes

Brocwell and her runners-up were already told to stop attending other festivals in their royal attire (dirndls, sashes, crowns)

You’ll take away my dirndl when you pry it from my cold, dead sausage fingers.

9 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hotdog:

2 Likes

At least we can all be glad the noble bratwurst queen wasn’t caught smuggling bologna.

8 Likes

chelsea peretti ew GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

10 Likes

The funny thing is, as someone from the region where Bratwurst is actually from, that a dirndl is absolutely the wrong attire for this region and has nothing to do with bratwurst.

10 Likes

I never saw a Bratwurst Queen,
I never hope to see one…

2 Likes

It’s another one of those cases where we Americans just broadly associate any aspect of a culture as being representative of the culture as a whole and just run with it. Bratwurst = German; Dirndl = German; Beer = German, put them all together!

3 Likes

TeP8yaWh

6 Likes

Now this is the hard-hitting journalism I’ve grown to expect from boingboing! A return to form, thanks! :laughing:

3 Likes