Brave boy stands up to man with confederate flag, tells him that it's racist

“I see nothing wrong with it.”

In a nutshell, that’s the problem.

24 Likes

They believe that they don’t have to. They don’t see any contradiction between loyalty to the US in the present and reverence for the “heritage” of the Confederacy. After the Civil War the (white) people were reconciled, and then they united to continue settling the West and exterminating the Native Americans.

6 Likes

“Why don’t you actually YouTube what the flag represents?”

Oh god. There are humans out there who view YouTube as a source of knowledge. This is it, we’re fucked. Turns out social media was the Great Filter all along.

14 Likes

This flag seems to be a thing with 3%er insurrectionists and Oathkeeper insurrectionists. Dude definitely calls himself a “race realist” while pretending that’s not racist AF.

5 Likes

I think if that were my kid, I’d teach him not to confront people with more guns than brains.

9 Likes

Seriously. Way to own-goal yourself.

It was like a Twilight Zone reveal: up until he showed the full view of his chimera-flag, it appeared to be a normal US flag.

(Also, the “uneducated” dig. I wonder what the TikToker would claim the flag represented? “States’ rights?”)

4 Likes

Okay, kid. Now that that’s sorted, go back and educate him about the r-word.

14 Likes

That’s no boy. That’s a mensch.

15 Likes

It’s like having one of these flags in the 70s…

12 Likes

“AITA?” — “Yes, yes you are.”

9 Likes

Seriously! Unironically telling someone to go to YouTube to research something. And verbing “YouTube”, too. Is this the stage of the development towards the Idiocracy where people aren’t willing to read anymore to learn about a topic?

14 Likes

The kids are allright.

8 Likes

Google is now a verb (“Google it!”), so I suppose that YouTube is too now.

4 Likes

Yes, kids like him give me hope for humanity. Porch bro, not so much.

Also rec’d b/c you correctly spelled ‘allright’ :smiley:

3 Likes

A New Hope

Go kid go!!!

4 Likes

Left wing youtube videos being too long is already a right wing meme. Right wing youtube videos being short Gish Gallops hasn’t become a left wing meme though.

11 Likes

The dialogue also doesn’t sound like how people talk; it sounds like mid-range summer stock theatre dialogue.

It could all be legit, and this really is how he talks; that wouldn’t be the strangest thing that’s happened this week. But it’s odd enough that I’m suspicious it’s amateur clickbait, or a more clever version of “can I get 10,000 likes for …”

ETA: I know these jerks are out there, and the Drumpf45 years have eroded the shame they should be feeling. Just as I believe in cancer, but doubt the legitimate intention of pics of kids undergoing chemo on social media, with the “can I get 10,000 likes for beating cancer” caption.

I’m suspicious of this one. Maybe that’s just me.

I grew up in the Midwest Plains states. That’s how people talk.

6 Likes

My mistake. It sounded kinda staged to my ears, but if that’s the local dialect and this video is legit, then a resounding “ah, shit” from me.

I’m wondering what sort of education includes using ‘to YouTube’ as a verb meaning ‘to do your research’.

1 Like