Brave boy stands up to man with confederate flag, tells him that it's racist

When a child tells you you’re racist, it’s time for some self-examination. And calling a kid a retard isn’t okay.

Do we just give up on people like that? He’s not old.

6 Likes

A Youtuber is someone who posts on Youtube so the guy wants the kid to make a video about it?

1 Like

Very simple …

4 U.S. Code § 8.(g)

“(g)The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature. (Added Pub. L. 105–225, § 2(a), Aug. 12, 1998, 112 Stat. 1497)”

The mans a jackass and needs to listen to the child who knows about and respects the flag of the same country that has served (and paid if he filed income taxes and received over $3k in stimulus for himself alone) well.

The young man should have been given a medal and warned about using foul language as a crutch for good vocabulary.

3 Likes

No, the guy wants the kid to watch videos that will teach him that the Confederate flag is not racist.

1 Like

4 U.S. Code § 8 (k) states: “The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning (Added Pub. L. 105–225, § 2(a), Aug. 12, 1998, 112 Stat. 1497)…”

The legal interpritation is that as long as the flag in question is a known flag, endorsed by Congress and publically flown as the official flag of the United States of America for any length of time; Is in acceptable and recognizable condition as such a flag; and, Is on display in such a manner as to not allow for desicration from improper and respectful display; it is a flag of the United States of American and should be afforded all due respect as any flag of the country.

Remove the stars and replace it with the insignia of the Confederate States of America or overlay the ensign of this country with the flag of another is desicration. But, according to the United States Supreme Court, that flag is allowed under the 1st Ammendment as Free Speech because it is not recognized flag of this country.

Kudos to the kid though!

1 Like

Let me just boingboing that real quick…

8 Likes

How would the kid even google youtube this?

Weird gradient US to Confederate flag

?

Doesn’t bring it up … unsurprisingly!

1 Like

BoingBoing contributors could avoid reboings if they boingboinged before they posted.

3 Likes

I think you should put this quote on a T-shirt

2 Likes

Yet I suspect the Venn diagram of people flying these and other “modified” flags (like blue-lives matter versions) and people who found Colin Kapaernick’s kneeling during the anthem “disrespectful” is a perfect circle.

11 Likes

Kinda sucks because the flag of the AoNV is a cool looking flag, but I hate what it represents. You can’t tell me these asshats don’t fly it because of race.

AoNV? I’m unfamiliar with the acronym - what is it?
Searches on various search sites have left me as ignorant as before…and Google keeps trying to tell me about Avon.

Army of Northern Virginia. Their battleflag is the Stars and Bars. The actual confederate flag is different.

1 Like

Thanks. I found it.
And that’s a different point from what I was trying to make, but still valid.
I was pointing out that modifying the recognized flag is desecration. You’re saying that flying (that) recognized flag is racist.

The American educational system gave up on him plenty long ago.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.