Brave the elements with the Bomber Barrel Duffel Bag - The most funded bag in Kickstarter history

Guess I’d have to see it in person. Photos just dont look like its one I want to add to my wardrobe except maybe the combat shirt in the ebay listing but by current sizing of a multicam combat shirt I recently bought, I wear an XS so probably not so easy to find.

I have two jackets (with my dad’s rank, patches, etc) and like 2 pair of desert camo pants and I think 2 pairs of regular camo pants - all of which surprisingly just fit me (though a little long, as my dad with taller than me)! I’m not big on collectibles of old military stuff. It’s more of a sentimental thing. Although they do look cool!

Well, the American frame has grown quite a bit over the years. We’re much bigger now than we were in the Vietnam era, I’m afraid.

2 Likes

Its not that I collect at all, its more I like the look and my wife likes how I look in it and the stuff tends to be practical and durable.

As for sizes, when I go to open base days here in Japan I’m just positively shimpy compared to most of the service men and women these days!

3 Likes

That’s for sure!

[ETA] I’m kind of curious about costs there, though. You’re buying directly from an Army base, how are prices? I have noticed that stuff at my local army-navy store (which isn’t near a military base) are much higher than they used to be. How about there?

Cant buy on base. I find things mostly at used clothing shops and simply wont pay fashion, collectable or otherwise high prices. There really are no Army Navy shops in the sense that you have in the US with one exception, a place called Nakata Shoten which has been around since the 50s and sells bulk lots of various countries used military clothing, as well as tacticool and replica stuff. Prices there depend on what you are looking at but I was there Sunday and for example recent issue US &UK BDU pants were about ~$50 and up.

There are other shops that sell some used/replica gear from other countries but more oriented towards collectors or the airsoft/milsim crowd but prices tend much higher or the replicas are too low quality to be worth considering.

Not so much by height.

1 Like

I don’t know, it sounds kind of hot!

4 Likes

Isn’t “military-grade” made by the lowest bidder?

2 Likes

If the sizes or BDUs available at surplus stores is anything to go by, taller and bigger girth at waist & chest both.

After a little bit of use, the plastic that’s supposed to create a watertight seal around the zipper started ripping for me. Not a very good bag.

2 Likes

The one I bought in 1973 or 1974 is still going strong. Nylon, not canvas; the kind that cinches at one end and you clip the shoulder strap to the do-hickey to hold it together.

1 Like

Literally gross, in fact. :wink:

2 Likes

What would it be 144 of? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I really want to know what this camera bag was. Crumpler, maybe?

Would you literally want a literal gross of literally gross pants? Eww!

1 Like

Military outdoor gear tends to be fairly durable, but it’s also usually about a decade behind the state of the art.

You won’t find much Milspec gear on Everest; it’s too heavy, amongst other issues.

1 Like

You forgot “high capacity”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.