Brawl on plane erupts after man refuses to wear a facemask

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/07/brawl-on-plane-erupts-after-man-refuses-to-wear-a-facemask.html

3 Likes

Airplanes really need trap doors installed under seats.

18 Likes

Said to contractor, “No, not the pilots’ seats, you idiots.”

10 Likes

I say let him fly. On the wing.

11 Likes

Saw a man with a similar mustache not wearing a mask at the laundry mat this morning. It took a lot for me not to say something. My main motivation in remaining silent was that I didn’t want him to open his mouth any wider than his normal breathing position and certainly didn’t want him yelling at me. He even fucking sneezed into the open air while standing at the laundry card machine. I mainly felt bad for the lone woman working at the laundry mat who obviously gave up on trying to enforce their mask policy (I don’t blame her as she is totally alone in there). I kind of felt bad for the unmasked man too somehow, he seemed lonely and old and sad and either clueless or a total dick.

10 Likes

12 Likes

Or…
1NDxB

6 Likes

He wanted attention - he got it.

Probably imagined it going a bit different though. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

This makes me wonder whether a majority of unfortunate scenarios is rooted in a failure of the imagination, and what can be done about it?

I have no sympathy for the guy. Frankly, I think everyone on the plane should’ve been issued protective gear and been given an opportunity to take a swing at him.

4 Likes

5 Likes

It is not clear whether he was wearing a mask or the faceshield when he went through departure, surely it would be easier (and safer for all concerned) to weed out these passengers before they get onto the plane?

2 Likes

Brawl on plane erupts after man refuses to wear a facemask

So it is a day that ends in ‘y’. Don’t hold me to it, but I think trees may cast shade today, too. Water may also run downhill.

4 Likes
5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.