Bread storage alignment chart

You just need to somehow add a breadboard for maximum inception

9 Likes

Well, I don’t disagree, but I feel that using a clip that is appropriated from another use (clothes pin, binder clip, paper clip) resides in a transitional zone between Neutral/Chaotic, and Neutral/Good.

Where would you place: Zip Tie

Canonically, zip ties are an environmentally irresponsible but easier to use version of baling wire. The table does not include the use of baling wire; rubber band looks like the closest match so I’ll say True Neutral.

Yes! We’ll need the end of a loaf of bread on a bread board in a breadbox on a board with breadboard ends inside a freezer controlled by an arduino on a breadboard monitored by an arduino on a breadboard in the back room of the Bread Board Plus
RECURSION ERROR
CARRIER LOST
Ath0+++

7 Likes

Oh no way! You can’t just look at the object without considering its function. Zip tie is functionally equivalent to tying a knot, but worse, even more of a pain to get open. I place Zip Tie on the evil side of Lawful/Evil.

1 Like

Zip ties are for holding the bread hostage

5 Likes

Interestingly, breadboards were originally breadboards.

1920s_TRF_radio_manufactured_by_Signal

8 Likes

So gently naive to think that your robust solution to the problem required no moral reasoning… never change! :wink:

2 Likes

Torn between - breadception and “I heard you like breadboxes so I got you a breadbox for your breadbox”

Or maybe a joke with beatboxing in it. Come on people let’s work the problem!

It’s the ambient bacteria in my house. Breads left out or in a breadbox tend to go bad rather quickly. That’s why I keep opened bread in the fridge.

1 Like

What on earth is it made of? Unless it is very heavy, ■■■■■, wholegrain bread it will be stale and unappetising after a couple of days

2 Likes

Mold dare not grow here

“At S & M Communion Bread we make sure your mold is disciplined.”

4 Likes

I was taught that the fridge is the absolute worst (clean) place to store bread - the temperature is optimal for starch recrystalisation, so it’ll go stale much faster than in that Tupperware container left at room temperature or even frozen.

1 Like

Given I bake it Friday and it’s gone by Monday, I’m not too worried. But thanks for the information.

It’s not fresh for a week, but fine untoasted for 4 or 5 days, then fine toasted for a couple after that. It gets a little dry on day 3 or 4 but not gross yet. I only eat it plain with butter the first couple if days.

Unless it picks up mold early which happens every so often.

We have a bread box! Admittedly, it’s mostly used to store snacks though. Sliced bread goes in the fridge…lawful neutral style.

1 Like

“Bread storage alignment chart”

Sounds like an album title by ‘Guided by Voices’ and by Robert Pollard.

I keep ours in the breadmaker. I guess maybe I’m a techno-druid?

It’s probably been made with the Chorleywood process - what we in my family call “instant bread”.

1 Like

the struggle is real.

1 Like

I’d heard about the Chorleywood process, but hadn’t heard of “cross-panning” before. Fascinating!

(from your link):

In UK-standard bread, the dough piece is “cross-panned” at the moulding stage; this involves cutting the dough piece into four and turning each piece by 90° before placing it in the baking tin. Cross-panned bread appears to have a finer and whiter crumb texture than the elliptical shape of the crumb bubble structure is seen from a different orientation. Cross-panned bread is easier to slice.

What the heck? Why would that make a difference? 90° in which directions? Here’s some explanation and a diagram too. Took me a minute to figure out the diagram, but now it makes sense to me.

Thanks for interesting new (to me) information.