BREAKING: Roger Stone guilty on all counts

The only way Biff will grant Stone’s request for a “miracle” is if Stone has some serious blackmail material on him (which is possible). The “miracle”, if it came to pass, would be more likely to come in the form of a private jet to Russia (and the means to evade his federal minders in order to board it) than it would a pardon.

Of course, with Il Douche there’s always the danger of a double-cross. The price of doing business for creeps like Stone.

14 Likes

Trump famously doesn’t like people who get caught.

17 Likes

Heh. Skip to 0:58

3 Likes

I suspect that flight would meet with some unfortunate mechanical problems somewhere over the atlantic. Dasvidanya.

2 Likes

You don’t think Stone is going to “commit suicide” in prison like Jeffrey Epstein did? I wouldn’t bet against it happening.

8 Likes

9 Likes

Me and the kiddo just watched this a second time. I will never pass on a suggestion to watch Spaceballs.

6 Likes

Trump is essentially immune to blackmail. There’s no quantity or quality of illegal or immoral behavior that will dissuade his supporters.

14 Likes

True - but it’s not his supporters he has to worry about. Even if it gets delayed till he leaves office - his clothing is going to match his hair color.

14 Likes

This whole thread is filling me with unbridled glee, so much glee.

Man with back tattoo of nixon goes to prison in a presidential related criminal case. Its like he wanted it to happen, historians will just gape at this man’s idiocy and audacity

6 Likes

Actually, he’ll say something like:

“I never knew the man really. We spoke just the other day. A very good man, a really fantastic man. But I never really knew him.”

11 Likes

If Trump pardons him, wouldn’t that be a fast track to Stone testifying against him?

3 Likes

Probably would violate some form of made up privilege, which the courts would have to consider over the course of months or years, until it was finally reversed by “we’re really not partisan” partisan supreme court in the middle of Trump’s fifth term.

1 Like
22 Likes
16 Likes

17 Likes

Interesting take from Josh Marshall at Talking Points Memo (I’d link but it’s paywalled)-- basically it’s hard to know how much of Stone’s claims of his dirty tricks are real: he spent years portraying himself as a sinister ratfucker, but maybe wasn’t involved in anything too serious beyond the very few things we know, he’s mostly braggadocio. This might be the biggest thing he ever tried and it blew up in his face. In short, he’s a narcissistic buffoon like Trump.

8 Likes

I’ll stick my neck out and make a prediction. Here’s what is going to happen. Feel free to slag me when and if this doesn’t happen.

1. Trump gets impeached by the House.

2. Public sentiment turns and the GOP figures out that they can’t win by supporting Trump any longer.

3. Before the Senate has to hold a trial, they will force Trump to resign while a deal is cut for Pence to pardon him and his despicable family.

4)On his way out Trump pardons Manafort and Stone and any other minor ratfuckers that he can.

1. Trump spends the rest of his life defending himself from state lawsuits and fritters away the final family fortune that remains
10 Likes

I applaud your level of optimism!

9 Likes

If I was Hillary I’d probably have a trophy room full of framed photos like this:

15 Likes