Breaking: Trump names Army Lt. Gen. HR McMaster as national security adviser, after Flynn ousted in Russia scandal

As fun as it is to hope and pray for the complete downfall of the US under Trump, and to assume everything he thinks and does is an obvious mistake of biblical proportions, I’m willing to accept the possibility that he can stumble onto small successes. It infuriated me when right-wingers assumed that Obama could do no right, so I’m going to resist the urge to treat Trump that way.

2 Likes

Or he would operate with key positions left open, or by increasingly random assortments of followers.

I haven’t seen him exhibit a lot of capacity to learn (although the second version of his muslim ban may or may not show that…we will see when it gets issued)

1 Like

I don’t know if taking a service position perfectly equates with affiliating oneself with the commander in chief. The role you are suited for is your role, deciding who is in command is for the public and Congress, two separate things.

If it does equate a declaration of affiliation , everyone in all the services is also doing exactly this, and so it is probably proper behaviour for a person?. Lots of service people, for example, will have been powerfully against President Obama and all the acts of his administration.

Head down, chop wood, is the way to get stuff done.

Sure. Maybe this would be good from the point of view of reducing his capacity for harming the state, and making his re-election less likely though.

1 Like

Sure. Maybe the best way for people of character to serve 45 is to give him good advice to ignore until 45 fires them.

1 Like

Beats the only obvious alternative into a cocked hat.

I’m okay with this.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.