Breitbart editor's unusual citation of Ringo Starr's "You're Sixteen..." in Roy Moore discussion

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/11/27/breitbart-editors-unusual-ci.html

5 Likes

It’s fascinating, in the same sense that watching which way shit spins going down the toilet, to observe the snake’s facial expressions as his amoral little brain pivots from “pedophilia is fine” to “the accusers are all liars”.

34 Likes

When you’ve made up your mind in advance that “your guy” is literally beyond reproach, then literally any excuse will do.

13 Likes

I’m glad he never heard the Stones’ Stray Cat Blues.

9 Likes

That, plus these people have no moral North. Their compass simply points away from anything they perceive as progressive, liberal or Democratic.

14 Likes
3 Likes

Ringo? Come on, they should at least be using their poster boy Ted Nugent’s “Jailbait”.

21 Likes

Roy Moore’s camp later issued the following statement:

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower
Elementary penguin singing Hare Krishna
Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe

18 Likes

Of all the jailbait songs, they choose Ringo Starr?

They should have just gone full on crazy and used Spinal Tap’s Tonight I’m Gonna Rock You (Tonight) that completely lampoons the genre with this absurdity:

You’re sweet but you’re just four feet
And you still got your baby teeth
You’re too young and I’m too well hung
But tonight I’m gonna rock ya (Tonight I’m gonna rock ya)

Or maybe they could have used Depeche Mode’s Question of Time, Oingo Boingo’s Little Girls, The Police’s Don’t Stand So Close To Me, The Beatles’ I Saw Her Standing There, NWA’s She Swallowed It, Too $hort’s Blow Job Betty, or any number of other similarly themed songs to “justify” their position.

18 Likes

He’s just insured that none of his sons will ever get a date.

12 Likes

I’d have gone with Gary Puckett

6 Likes

That guy looks like Jake Gylenhall. Perhaps he’s actually Jake Gylenhall, preparing for a role. He’ll be playing one of the world’s biggest, most clueless assholes.

3 Likes

Oblig. Metalocalypse parody of these sorts of songs:

Which of course is taking the piss out of Van Halen, as ZB is a bunch of coke addicted clowns.

5 Likes

More precisely, it’s anyone with the power to stand up to them. They’ll go after them all until the only ones left are the fanatics and the terrified.

4 Likes

This here’s America, son, and in MY America we kneel for the flag and we OBEY the word of RINGO!

5 Likes

Flames

13 Likes

She was just 17, you know what I mean

4 Likes

According to his WP page, he only has one child, a daughter.

Parentage is not determinism, no matter how much these eugenics loving deplorables wish it were.

6 Likes

What parent hasn’t been kept awake at night worried that their son may one day have his name dragged through the mud just because of some thoroughly researched claims by the Washington Post supported by dozens of on-the-record witnesses attesting to a decades-long pattern of predatory behavior?

37 Likes
4 Likes