Brewer blown backwards by beer blast (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/15/brewer-blown-backwards-by-beer-blast.html

7 Likes

That should be a feature of the brewery tour.

7 Likes

beer-truck

23 Likes

Definitely lost that game of Beer Hunter:

13 Likes

A TV station named KAREN?

3 Likes

If that happened anywhere I’ve ever worked (chemical and resource sectors), this would be a recordable line-of-fire incident and the investigation would take hundreds of person-hours.

9 Likes

Beer blast blows brawny brewer backwards, but brave buddy buoys brewer by brazenly buttplugging boisterous beer barrel ( :beer: )

27 Likes

Believe the brewery biz calls it bunging, not buttpugging :wink:

18 Likes

That’s the scuttlebutt anyway, aye?

Black And White Drinking GIF

17 Likes

This article brings up a very bad memory for me. You see, my best friend died in a brewery accident. I was tasked to inform his widow that he fell into the vat and drowned.

“At least it was quick”, she said.

“Well, actually he got out three times to pee.”

31 Likes

Yeah, that’s happened to me more times than I care to admit

4 Likes

Life imitates art…

4 Likes

It’s happened to me once, but it was very memorable. I hate racking arms with tri-clover fittings.

7 Likes

Usually this happens to me a few hours after I drink beer, amirite?!

3 Likes

Always alliterate any article announcements!

8 Likes

This sequel to “Strange Brew” isn’t as good as the original.

5 Likes

This confuses me. I’m just a homebrewer, but that looks like a mash tun. If so, it shouldn’t have any pressure beyond the hydrostatic pressure of the wort. Did the blow-off have a valve (if so, why!?) and was it shut? Maybe the recipe was so hop-heavy the trub got into the blow-off and clogged it, which seems unlikely.

I’ll be stressing about this later tonight. Wait, what’s that voice in my head saying? “Relax, have a homebrew.” Thank you, Charlie. I will.

7 Likes
11 Likes

2 Likes

7 Likes