Hand grenades washing up on Oregon shore

Originally published at: Hand grenades washing up on Oregon shore | Boing Boing

5 Likes

5 Likes

My science teacher and I were making things with a bigger boom than that when I was in 7th grade.

1 Like

so, how was your vacation?
oh! we had a blast in Oregon!

(Newport Beach, isn’t that where Rogue Brewery has their big bottling place? maybe something, something got bombed drinking Dead Guy Ale…)

8 Likes

I swear to god I’d hear these things go off randomly at night in my old neighborhood. Though they could have been similarly made fireworks.

3 Likes

Perfect for your next gender reveal party!

9 Likes

Only suitable for small dead fish.

14 Likes

Is this connected to the dismembered feet?

6 Likes

Just Newport. Newport Beach is in SoCal.

They also have a pub upstairs of the brewery and recently opened a distillery and tasting room across the marina parking lot!

3 Likes

cool! sounds like a good place to sample some great brews.
i have only been to the Rogue tap room in Ashland a very long time ago. Nut Brown and Dead Guy are still my favorite Rogue ales.

2 Likes

The pub is pretty good, and the tour is a lot of fun! Popular, though.

1 Like

The video linked in the post is for artillery simulators, which are much more powerful than these grenade simulators.

The m116a is still very dangerous, but the arty sim is in a whole other class of boom.

Here’s the m116a in practice: Hand Grenade Simulator - YouTube

3 Likes

Nothing is connected to the dismembered feet!

…well, shoes sometimes.

5 Likes

exploding whale never gets old

5 Likes

Leonardo Di Caprio Look GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

1 Like

Thanks, that puts things into scale. That being said, if it were me, I’d probably need bail money for activating the nade’ simulator and throwing it back into the water from whence it came. ^____^

And notice that the artillery simulator whistles before exploding to simulate the sound of an artillery round flying towards its target.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.