Brexit wins: Britain votes to exit the European Union

Oh, I know #notallchristians. I’ve had this discussion before, so I’ll just let my prior words stand in this regard:
Continuing the discussion from TOM THE DANCING BUG: Meet ISIS's Newest Recruits:

And on the other point: someone wearing anything supporting Trump is automatically classified as known and active threat to my life. And, since the Republican party voters, in the primaries, have thrown their support behind Trump, at this point, the Republican Party is, as far as I’m concerned, a neo-fascist, antisemitic, misogynistic, nativist, racist, tribalist, xenophobic, and willfully ignorant organization, and will be seen as such until and unless proven otherwise by wholesale rejection of the Short-Fingered Vulgarian.

I just wish that I could be making this stand on pure principle, instead of active fear for my life. I still get routine death threats from Trump supporters for the crime of being a living Jew. You can only laugh off so many posts of “Hitler should have finished the job” or “You’ll make a fine lampshade” or “you look like you need a shower”.

And it is pervasive. You just don’t notice it because you have the privilege of not being targeted by it. How pervasive is it? I’ll point to Tay as an example–within less than half a day after being activated, that twitter bot was essentially an antisemitic neo-Nazi.

14 Likes