Brexit wins: Britain votes to exit the European Union

He’s definitely on my ‘people who could be usefully on fire’ list, like.

3 Likes

Well, that and the complex flavor of vanilla and elderberry.

OMG… the review…

10 Likes
4 Likes

Wrong universe. We seem to be playing out Boris Gudunov (is Boris gudunov to run the country*?). Gove seems more like Shuisky and Farage, Pretender Dmitri. And Boris seems already to be haunted as the implications of his political assassination sink in.

*sorry for the awful pun.

EDIT:
In front of the KremlinConservative HQ. Crowd of Brexiters. A boyar enters with a whip.
Boyar: On your knees, dogs, and shout louder! Shout for Prince Boris to agree to be Tsar! He is having difficulty making his mind up.
First Brexiter: What’s all this about?
Second Brexiter: Blowed if I know. Where’s Prince Nigel?
A Special Adviser enters.
SPAD: Weep, O ye people! Prince Boris is having second thoughts.

Scene 2: A crowd is sitting in a television studio. Enter A Creep (Prince Michael Goveski)
Goveski: Give us a big hurrah for Boris!
Crowd: Poles out! Pakis out! Bring back the inch (etc.)
Goveski: Prince Boris has consented to be Tsar!
Crowd: Mumurs; “Where’s Nigel?” “When do we get to start hitting single mothers?”
Enter Boris.
Boris: Ahem! Good people! I have an important announcement! I have agreed to be Tsar. Free drink for everybody. Sorry about the feast, we have a bit of a cashflow shortage, ha ha.

Scene 3: In the Kremlin No. 10 Downing Street. Noises off of a crowd demanding bread.
Boris: The proles are revolting, Goveski.
Goveski: We’ve banned every paper except the Sun and shut down the last of the BBC, it won’t be a problem.
Boris: No, I mean they don’t look very attractive. Could you stop that Teresa May coming? I don’t like the way her shoes look at me.
Goveski: No problem, let’s just give my wife a peerage and make her Home Secretary.
Boris: Wizard wheeze, Goveski. Auri sacra fames and all that. But it’s a bit chilly in here.
Servant enters on knees.
Servant: O Prince Goveski! There are people without who wish to speak to the Tsar.
Goveski: Don’t let them in.
Servant: They have an army,.
Enter Merkel, Kerry, Trudeau and Hollande.
Merkel: OK, Boris, you’ve had your fun.
Kerry: Now we need to protect our investments.
Boris: Whatever you say guys. Just so long as the Telegraph keeps paying me in dollars, I’m happy.

4 Likes

It’s official. Britain has forfeited its right to make fun of American stupidity.

10 Likes

Nah. There’s enough to go around on both sides. Forever.

11 Likes

Weirdly all the farming bits of Wales that receive subsidies from the EU voted Leave?

3 Likes

They’ll be fine. Obviously the Tories will divert EU money their way, not use it for tax breaks for billionaires.

Free rainbow pooping unicorns for everyone!

7 Likes

Hahaha so true https://youtu.be/DV9UWpT70is

4 Likes

Mines way funnier but keep trying, it’s cute!

I pulled out an HP-1337 Amusementometer and ran with both as inputs (context-aware mode was on). Yours hit .02. My reply hit 3.4. Science proves you’re wrong.

16 Likes

Now that was funny!

2 Likes

You find that video “funny”? Huh. I hadn’t gathered earlier that you’re what, ten years old? Maybe eleven?

3 Likes

There are not many farmers. The NFU were in despair today, worried about export markets and fertiliser costs.
In many rural areas, retirees greatly outnumber farmers, and many of the farm workers are Polish, Portuguese etc. and didn’t have a vote.

Nothing to be sorry about kind of what makes it funny. Cause of how unfunny ‘some’ people would think it is, even though he clearly nails the sentiment of many on the left.

No, it’s generalization and reduction and it cuts both ways.

3 Likes

From experience, most of the people posting on boingboing know the difference between “left” as in social democrat to communist spectrum, and “left” as in “anybody I disagree with”. This may be your problem as you seem not to.

6 Likes

If you are not sure in what sense I’m using the word ‘left’, just ask or make it really complicated, whatever your preference. It was just a video, sheesh the drama!