Brexiteer Nigel Farage claimed his fancy bank was persecuting him for his politics, but it turned out he couldn't maintain the minimum balance

Originally published at: Brexiteer Nigel Farage claimed his fancy bank was persecuting him for his politics, but it turned out he couldn't maintain the minimum balance | Boing Boing

7 Likes

I’m sure that Farage has a strong grasp of the distinction between “not receiving special treatment” and “political oppression”. Just seems like the type.

26 Likes

Of course he can’t balance, he leans too far right.

33 Likes

Again and again it is fascinating what British populists choose as their persona. I don’t think picking a stupid fight with a private bank would play all that well here.

13 Likes

It’s amazing that anyone still thinks these deadbeats are fiscally responsible decision makers.

18 Likes
13 Likes

Self-proclaimed man of the people can’t keep an account at one of the most exclusive banks in the World - Steve Bannon and Vladimir Putin’s cheques can’t be clearing.

17 Likes

Silly rabbit. Coutts is for rich bastards.

18 Likes
9 Likes

But Mr Farage, who is now a presenter on the GB News channel, said “at no point in the last 10 years” did the bank give him a minimum threshold, and that he now has “more money sitting on a current account” than before.

father-ted

11 Likes

Father Ted :+1: Graham Linehan :-1:

22 Likes

The change in focus is great, but Ardal O’Hanlon’s comic timing is impecable.

11 Likes

14 Likes

Seems like he was previously claiming they were accusing him of money laundering, which is quite a difference from “you don’t meet the minimum account requirements.” You’d have to be pretty dim to even deliberately misunderstand that.

12 Likes

Private banking, that perfidious stronghold of leftist politics.

24 Likes

I’m shocked that a man mostly seen these days in preroll ads on YouTube hawking crypto and questionable investments lacks the gravitas to remain a Coutts customer.

19 Likes

Good Lord; the man is practically trade. What an oike.

12 Likes

He should have pulled himself up by his own bootstraps.

18 Likes

The prefer a more dignified clientele, such as Russian oligarchs and Saudi princes.

15 Likes

It’s a distinction without a difference for the people Farage has made this statement at.

6 Likes