Brian Kilmeade compares NY Covid mandates to Taliban rule in squabble with Peter Doocy on "Fox & Friends"

Originally published at: Brian Kilmeade compares NY Covid mandates to Taliban rule in squabble with Peter Doocy on "Fox & Friends" | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Wait, I’m confused. Is he pro or anti Taliban here?

19 Likes

Doocy as the adult in the room? My head is spinning.

That is interesting, but I’d like to better understand the mechanism underlying that statistic. Is it just that the unvaccinated are more likely to ignore public health advice (no masks, no distancing, large gatherings with other unvaccinated people), or is it that people who’ve had Covid (and haven’t got vaccinated) just produce fewer antibodies and don’t have as strong of immune response? The former is difficult to control for. Both explanations could also be at work.

The study in the link is a pretty good example of good scientific writing, IMO. They are up front about the limitations of their study and speculate on reasons their result may overestimate (or underestimate) the odds of re-infection based on vaccination status.

9 Likes

FOX “NEWS” = Monkeys throwing shit.

11 Likes

You know it’s bad when fucking Doocy is the voice of reason…

15 Likes

That stopped me cold too. Then I remembered that Fox and Friends is a preview of the Idiocracy and lowered the bar below ground level.

7 Likes

Right? I really don’t care what anyone says on that crap show.

16 Likes

'murican role play on national TV.

4 Likes

Brian Kilmeadeadly hard at work.

4 Likes

Whats up with all those weird blue colours those people dress in?

1 Like

Perish the thought.

Or just plain perish. He’s trying to help you do that.

4 Likes

It’s easier when they match. The show’s audience can only process so much sensory overload, plus it’s easier to track down one of the hosts when they get lost in the studio.

7 Likes

Ever since they learned covid kills more minorities the right wing has done everything in its power to help spread the virus.

Wearing masks, the vaccine are obstacles to this goal.

2 Likes

So…since Kilmeade and the lady seem in favor of letting businesses decide for themselves, I’m sure they’re speaking out about those governors who are banning mask mandates even when businesses want to enforce them at their own locations…or school districts? I’m sure they’re speaking out against those people protesting vaccine workplace requirements, right? Right? /s so much /S

3 Likes

Well… I’ll take Taliban comparisons over the Holocaust hyperbole. I do love the same people who claim “the left” argues on emotion, and then throws an unseasoned tantrum.

7 Likes

Agree. It’s like choosing between a shit sandwich and toe-jam crudités, though. Neither should be on the menu. Assholes.

6 Likes

I see the use of the “crazy pills” is still in fashion on Faux News.

3 Likes

This is what passes for an intellectual debate on Fox News.

One side offers tepid approval of a law, the other side cries “tyranny” and adds some childish whining.

5 Likes

Doocy as the adult in the room

I wouldnt give him the credit. More like the adolescent.

2 Likes

I just love how Covid vaccines/masks has suddenly become the dividing line between absolute freedom and absolute tyranny. How come Fox & Friends aren’t upset about speed limits, or murder being illegal? Isn’t it my god given right to go as fast as I want and to smite the annoying? There’s a million and one laws that help create a functioning society but all of a sudden THIS ONE IS TOO MUCH.

4 Likes