Brilliant video: Wilbur Ross dubbed over Mr. Burns

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/25/brilliant-video-william-ross.html

8 Likes

Many people have never heard of him before, and think this was his worst moment.

16 Likes

I’ll say it again, Wilbur Ross was a Vice-Chairman of the Bank of Cyprus. THE go to bank for Russian politicians, oligarchs and mafia.

29 Likes

I think the interesting thing to note here is how his accent matches up with many US oligarchs, the way accents among British royals who mingle together do.

8 Likes

And you can’t even say any bit was taken out of context - the more of him you listen to, the worse he gets.

Then there’s what looks like insider trading on his part, the $120 million he’s accused of stealing, etc… He’s fractally corrupt - as soon as you look at one scandal, others keep popping up.

18 Likes

True, but I like his early work: buying up coal mines with bad safety records and a list of MSHA violations longer than his yacht, and then pointedly ignoring them until it blew up and 12 people died.

I mean, sure, it’s glamorous to be a money launderer to other billionaire psychopaths, but every now and then you gotta get in touch with your roots and just straight up murder some poor people.

4 Likes

If someone discovered that Ross had a closetful of pelts and furs from endangered species I would not be the least bit surprised.

Yes: a relaxed and slow American-neutral drawl with an edge of puzzlement when discussing the kinds of matters middle-class people deal with on a day-to-day basis. You hear it at a lot of American board meetings and business conferences and from high officials in certain government agencies.

5 Likes

How does the hardship of 800,000 people affect ME?

1 Like

With Mr. Burns it has more of a human touch.

1 Like
1 Like

I’m trying to figure if this treatment makes Wilbur Ross’ comments more palatable or more frighteningly obtuse and heartless.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.