Britain's "equalities" minister tells school teachers they must out kids to parents

Why else would the bigots curtail education? It’s how they keep things the same.

6 Likes

Except… kids are taught to be assholes. The less attractive we can make that, the better.

4 Likes

Agreed! That’s sort of my larger point. Since hate is taught, and not inherent, we have a way to fight bigotry.

4 Likes

And the more important education becomes. It gives kids a safe space to learn to think differently from their family or immediate community. One the big harms from white evangelical homeschooling is that kids are never aware there is a different way. Which is exactly why those jerks do it. To hide all kinds of things kids should know and reduce the number of caring adults who may step in for the welfare of the kid

4 Likes

And this is exactly why increasing visibility is so important. If you know and like folks who are trans, gay, enby, etc. it becomes much harder to convince kids that their buddy is really “Satan incarnate.” And a big reason behind "Don’t Say Gay " and such. Make the “other” invisible and it’s much easier to paint them as subhuman fiends instead of my best friend Jane. Another reason I think the fascists are doomed in the long run.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.