British Prime Minister announces resignation

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/24/british-prime-minister-announc.html

13 Likes

If only…

Could we have it on live TV with full commentary, like the excrutiating charity football matches we sometimes get?

11 Likes

The fact there is a possibility that Donald Trump will be President of the US and Boris Johnson the PM of the UK at the same time makes me speechless.

What has our world become?

32 Likes

It’s only a leadership race if there are leaders in the race. And those don’t exist any more.

21 Likes
19 Likes

As awkward as the visit of “President” Trump to the UK would have been anyway, but to be hosted by a PM on the way out is just sweet. HIGNFY was just pondering this situation:

5 Likes

This being a post by Rob, I am disappointed that he didn’t use the opportunity for one last all-teeth pic of the departing Prime Minister.

10 Likes

The only indicator of leadership in the entirety of British politics at the moment would be someone yelling 24/7 for a second referendum.

17 Likes

13 Likes

The first time May shows emotion in public and it’s for herself.

35 Likes

“Siri, how could Britain possibly be any more fucked?”

“With a No-Deal Brexit administered by either Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, or Jacob Rees-Mogg at the head of a coalition government dependent on the support of Nigel Farage and the DUP?”

“I thought you were going to say something like ‘an ebola outbreak’.”

“I considered it, but frankly I don’t think it would make things significantly worse at this point.”

“Oh. Thanks, Siri.”

“You’re welcome.”

41 Likes

So, do we know who Putin is supporting? I am guessing Boris Johnson, but is there a bigger buffoon whom he could get into office and completely fuck the UK?

13 Likes

Bye Felicia!

8 Likes

Leadsom
Rudd
Raab
Javid
Truss
McVey

We are now at the mercy of those wise monkeys in the Tory party – democracy – HAH!

Now how do I get a Maltese passport without being a Russian billionaire?

11 Likes

Not really funny, actually, but once again, The Simpsons nailed it.

5 Likes

Damn, he’s already dead.

19 Likes

Will Kenneth Clarke do it?

Or maybe Dominic Grieve?

Of course, it doesn’t matter how much better they are, they are still Tories.

15 Likes

At this point there are no good choices, only bad and worse ones.

19 Likes

At this point the Stay Puft Marshmallow man is one of the least dangerous choices.

20 Likes

The plot of Johnny English is looking more attractive every day. A cunning plan

10 Likes