Broadcaster Pat Robertson is dead at 93. Here's some quotes to remember him by

Don’t threaten me with a good time.

5 Likes

Live your life in such a way that when you die, people cry because you’re gone and smile at the memories they have of you instead of the other way around.

9 Likes

… and now that he’s finally in Hell, perhaps he can simply vomit continuously until the end of time :smiling_imp:

9 Likes
24 Likes

I don’t know if it is ironic that I have watched Groundhog’s Day many times, but I feel compelled whenever I start that movie.

5 Likes

I grew up in a household where his show was watched twice daily. My grandmother donated a significant amount of her fixed income to his presidential campaign.

In case you were curious about my utter disdain for all things Judeo-Christian. I’m still amazed I never spent time in a conversion camp.

8 Likes

15 Likes

Great minds, etc

3 Likes

Rest In Shit asshole. You lived far too long.

6 Likes

That’s a pity, Bible Camp is where church kids go to get laid!

6 Likes

Rest in piss.

5 Likes

mbc

9 Likes

Here is Wil Wheaton’s response to his death…

@sqlrob, did you see the above post?

19 Likes

I’m starting to wonder if this kind of people really believe in God.

5 Likes

It’s hard to know if they don’t believe in god and are just using the concept of god cynically (to make money or to control others and make the world into the one they’d prefer) or if they do believe that god is just as hateful as they are, and really wish to destroy so many of his own children… it’s hard to know, but often the result is the same - shit like the awful transphobic laws being passed in some American states…

15 Likes

Damn, that was shade on an astronomical level!

10 Likes

And of course, he’s absolutely right, if there is life after death, heaven and hell. I utterly reject that hateful bigots could ever get into the good place, especially if they die without ever doing any work to make amends for the pain they cause others.

15 Likes

The afterlife Xtians claim to believe in, for sure.

Personally I think we all each get what we deserve/expect; so haters like Robertson absolutely burn in the hell of their own making.

(I expect to become pure energy inhabiting some groovy beat infinitely.)

14 Likes

So Good Chefs Kiss GIF by Your Happy Workplace

13 Likes

I expect nothing, but it would be a pleasant surprise to get more. I liked an idea I heard that everyone just spends eternity with others like themselves – in the sense of kind people with kind people, awful people with awful people.

14 Likes