Televangelist Pat Robertson basically tells Trump to get lost

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/21/televangelist-pat-robertson-basically-tells-trump-to-get-lost.html

10 Likes

Wow. Darth Chee-To is gonna have to find more sharks to jump; he’s falling woefully behind.

21 Likes

Pat Robertson to Trump:

“Stop sucking all the oxygen (money) from the room (our marks)”

50 Likes

See, now this is something I really find hard to believe.

Seriously. Of all the crazy that we’ve witnessed in the last year, the last four years, I was not expecting someone so deep in the tank for Trump like Robertson to give up on him.

30 Likes

BlaringAdolescentAzurevase-size_restricted

34 Likes

Still… There’s plenty of bible-thumping wingnuts out there…

19 Likes

It would be a beautiful thing if Trump were to lash out at his evangelical support base and burn the whole GOP down in the process.

Anything that will help the Faustian arrangement between oligarchs and useful evangelical idiots come to an end would be great.

43 Likes

Pat better be careful. That kind of abrupt change in direction could cause whiplash.
The religious right has always been at war with Eastasia.

16 Likes

The Newsmax conspiracy recant today was another whiplash moment. Coincidence?

10 Likes

Probably. I think the NewsMax / Fox recants were at threat of lawsuit.

14 Likes

Televangelist Pat Robertson

41 Likes

Jesus fucking Christ.

5 Likes

Yeah, I find it surprising, too, but I guess finding out Trump is trying to plan an outright military coup is making some people back away, finally

Yeah, there’s some serious lawsuit threats brewing that caused the sudden “corrections” from Newsmax and Fox:

22 Likes

It sounded like a call to arms to assassinate Biden. “We’ll see a President Kamala Harris not too long after.”

4 Likes

Uh, no, there is a conspiracy that Biden will resign because he is either too old and/or mentally unfit and Harris will take over. Basically he was the Trojan Horse to establish the “radical leftist” Kamala Harris as president.

14 Likes

That’s Jesus H. Christ to you, sinner. The H is for }&*L#6Fhhh… (carrier lost)

9 Likes

Antonio Mugica, the guy behind the Smartmatic voting-machine company, had his lawyers write letters to Newsmax, Fox News, and OAN pointing out that Smartmatic voting machines aren’t used in the USA (certainly not in the states Trump’s lawyers are trying to contest), and that they are contemplating suing them for slander.

Fox News, and certainly Newsmax and OAN which are new and trying to attract investors in order to become the next Fox News, don’t want the threat of expensive lawsuits hanging over them so they prefer to issue retractions and claim that oh no, they never said anything bad about Smartmatic, it was just guests on their shows expressing their own opinions. For sure they can’t spare the huge sums of money they would have to pay in a settlement, or in damages in the not-unlikely case of losing, so they’re backpedaling as fast as they can.

It would be interesting if Smartmatic and Dominion also went after the individuals making the slanderous claims in the first place, like Rudy Giuliani or Sidney Powell, which would be the next logical step.

21 Likes

Wait… is THIS what “Kenneth, what is the frequency,” was all about: a wingnut beating a little Nostradamus outta Dan Rather’s hide?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWkMhCLkVOg

2 Likes

Either explanation is plausible.

2 Likes

I could see that happening except the amount of grift surrounding tRump Org. suggests he is more trying to project a reality for people to buy into than actually believing it.

If evangelical / right-wing pocketbooks dry up (betray him), then he probably would turn on them.

10 Likes