Broadcaster Pat Robertson is dead at 93. Here's some quotes to remember him by

‘The Pit of Zealots’, where every religious fundamentalist is pressed up against a black gay atheist,

6 Likes

Finally, an explanation for the pollution the last few days (sorry, it’s a Twit link):

15 Likes

So long pat, you POS. you lived way too long and did way too much damage. hope if you get to meet jeezus he slaps your hateful face.

11 Likes

He made it to 93 because hell kept trying to refuse delivery.

21 Likes
9 Likes

I was always told if you cannot say anything nice about a person - don’t say anything…

…may he rot in hell - painfully - for all eternity.

(I was never a good listener)

10 Likes

If only his hate-filled legacy would go ahead die along with him.

20 Likes

Finally. I hope it hurt.

12 Likes

That’s unfortunate.

HEY! Did anyone catch the game last night?! Great… huh!!!

10 Likes

The surprising thing about Robertson is if you ignore his hate, his extreme misogyny, his homophobia and transphobia… he was actually still a total piece of shit.* I’m just remembering, for example, how he used his planes delivering “aid” to Africa to bring back blood diamonds. He was just a terrible human being in every respect.

*Well, I guess that’s actually not surprising at all.

One might say the timing was… divine.

23 Likes

Well…an extension of it did. The original CBN still exists under that name with Pat’s son as CEO. What became Freeform started off as the CBN Satellite Service. CBN sold it in 1990.

5 Likes
6 Likes

They weren’t quite ready for him, that’s why.

On the plus side, there’s another non-binary open bathroom that’s opened up.

9 Likes
5 Likes

Why are you punishing Robertson’s God? I doubt He wants to meet him; He’d likely rather punt him downstairs and make him Satan’s problem.

6 Likes

Who says he worships the real God?

10 Likes

Ghostbusters 2 wasn’t that bad… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Groundhog’s Day was better.

6 Likes

About 50 years too late.
He was a giant among the Christofascist Grifters that are attempting to turn
this country into a theocratic hell-hole.

13 Likes

I don’t care. Smack me down, whatever. But today the world is just a tiny bit better now that this nasty, grifting, lying, sanctimonious, vile piece of shit has been flushed out of the pool of life and into the cess pool of the beyond. Fuck this prick and all his evil ilk, their exits from this world cannot come fast enough, and they damn well will find out if hell is real for all the evil through brought to our lives.

14 Likes