Broward County GOP secretary split a female classmate's skull with over 40 claw-hammer blows

27 Likes

Completely qualified for the TGOP, why are they whining?

8 Likes

It can still get worse.

8 Likes

There is no rock bottom to the GOP’s non-Euclidean plummet. They’re an actual moral black hole.

17 Likes

Politicians are actually criminals? Who knew?

7 Likes

I mean you’re brought up thinking you can achieve anything if you just try hard enough and then he wasn’t even able to kill someone after hitting them in the head with a claw hammer 40 times in the head. Think about what that does to someone’s self-esteem!

19 Likes

I’m surprised they didn’t put him up to run for the Senate.

9 Likes

I would give him a medal for the attempt

1 Like

As a white male I would like to know if I can also get away with attempted murder or if I also need to be in politics and a registered republican.

You know. For Science.

16 Likes

Or at least some sort of honorary position with a political party that appreciated that kind of thing. something to make him feel better!

2 Likes

Best I can figure out is typical justice:

1. Police/Prosecutor enter into juvenille court
  2. Public outcry
  3. Re-entered tried as adult
  4. Expensive lawyer delays trail from 2007 to late 2008 when victim is fully healed and in college
  5. Plead to misdemeanor after case is weakened by delays and whatever else

A more detailed link not given upthread:
http://hwchronicle.com/injuries-dona€™t-keep-senior-from-prom-graduation/

15 Likes

And it sounds like the family paid off the civil case. Makes me wonder who else they might have paid off.

6 Likes

Whadya mean resign?! He’s the core member of their brain trust!

4 Likes
4 Likes

The article @SamSam posted had this:

It looks as if Tarsey was in a mental hospital for up to three years, then beginning May 4, 2010, was allowed to do his “community supervision” in Florida. See this report.

Tarsey, who married in 2014, says this: “I was given probation, however I never completed my probation as it was later terminated by the court (See the Minute Order from California in the blue “download” attachment below). There was no ‘deal’ involved in my termination of probation or the amendment to misdemeanor. Penal code 245, under which I was convicted, is called a ‘wobbler.’ It can be charged as either a misdemeanor or a felony at the discretion of the court.”

Convicted, judge reduced to misdemeanor, mandatory institutionalizing, probation that was deferred to Florida. Nothing new then.

Also he was first put in front of a judge in 2007, trial began in 2008 and finished in 2010. He had 6 years of probation beginning in 2010.

16 Likes

Jesus Christ,

Maybe not for the sqeamish, certainly not for his wife(click here)

40 times?! How do you fall asleep next to someone who hit someone in the head with a hammer 40 times? How long would that’ve taken? For comparison, here’s Will Ferrell stabbing somebody long enough that it turns into a joke. I just counted. It was 33 times.

2 Likes

…yet.

4 Likes

I’d guess this was a plea bargain. Being rich and white didn’t hurt.

2 Likes

It was at the judges’ discretion:
https://www.shouselaw.com/wobbler.html

3 Likes

I can’t imagine what the judge must’ve been thinking. But then again it’s almost par for the course, it’s not too different than a judge being lenient on rape cases where they sympathize with the rapist and then chastise the victim.

10 Likes