Students for Trump leader faces charges for striking girlfriend in the head with a pistol

Originally published at: Trump Group Founder Charged in Girlfriend's Gun Assault

6 Likes

They’re the Party of Family Values, especially if your family is The Aristocrats!

12 Likes

It may seem strange that anyone under age 40 would support the old orange con artist, but they obviously exist. I can think of few people more suited to lead the group than this thug and fraudster.

9 Likes

That struck me as odd phrasing, but it’s straight out of North Carolina’s criminal statutes. Simple assault is a class 2 misdemeanor. However, “Unless the conduct is covered under some other provision of law providing greater punishment, any person who commits any assault, assault and battery, or affray is guilty of a Class A1 misdemeanor if, in the course of the assault, assault and battery, or affray, he or she . . . Assaults a female, he being a male person at least 18 years of age . . . .” So domestic violence by a man against a woman is a more serious charge. Which I’m ok with, but I wish they’d drop the cop-ese sounding dehumanizing language of “male” and “female”.

ETA: Plus…male person? Really? Why not just say man?

10 Likes

I know Trump supporters are horrible people (it’s mandatory), but it’s getting hard to find one who isn’t an actual full-on criminal as well. Being Nazi death cultists just isn’t reprehensible enough to meet their high standards all on its own, apparently.

9 Likes

I think it’s a serious mistake to start thinking of your political opponents as “evil” or really even opponents. Unfortunately between wanting people like me dead and this kind of thing happening as often as it does, I find it hard to think otherwise.

16 Likes

She is very lucky this dirtbag didn’t strike her with a bullet shot from the gun.
The NRA must be very upset that he abused his gun. /s
Not at all about the real victim.

4 Likes

If he keeps this up, someday he might be president himself.

2 Likes

Total normal thing to do, pistol whip your partner… /s

Moi8Rpr

13 Likes

Maybe to avoid complications when it comes to underage offenders by allowing for man/boy within the definition of “male”?

4 Likes

To exclude corporations of course. They are people, you know. /s (?)

4 Likes

“I’ll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one” - Robert Reich

5 Likes

I get that there are contexts where one might say “male person” or “female person” to encompass people by gender regardless of legal age, but then they should be consistent about it instead of saying “a female” (using female as noun) to refer to a woman/girl and “a male person” (using person as noun) to refer to a man/boy.

4 Likes

Very Fine People, all the way down. /S

2 Likes

b/c it’s always good guys who commit fraud and pistol whip women.
/s
FFS.

5 Likes

Now the obvious solution is that she should have had a gun too, then this definitely would have had a better, safer outcome

Now, I definitely agree with you - BUT I would love for someone to try to argue that the wording specifically implies that the law doesn’t apply only to females with legal personhood, and seek maximal penalties for a man kicking a female pet. Really air bud this poor choice of wording.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.