Broward County GOP secretary split a female classmate's skull with over 40 claw-hammer blows

You have to be rich as well. I think that is the key.

10 Likes

I’d be willing to bet that Daddy paid the girl’s family lots and lots of money.

2 Likes

Knew I was missing something!

2 Likes

Chairman Sutton’s quote read like a quote from The Onion to my ears.

3 Likes

I think you need to be RICH, or have rich parents. That there is the key. Lots of poor Republican murderers end up in prison. Remember Ted Kennedy left the scene of an accident for a woman to drown and he served no time. (There are lots of examples of rich people getting away with stuff.)

7 Likes

Didn’t you read? He’s in the Knights of Columbus!

8 Likes

Heck, sometimes when a black person commits jaywalking it’s attempted murder.

12 Likes

I doubt it.

Fun fact: Ted Bundy was also an active Republican, and was accepted to law school despite a mediocre LSAT due to reccomendation letters from former Washington Governor Daniel Jackson Evans and Ross Davis (chairman of the Washington Republican Party)

He would later go on to murder over thirty women.

9 Likes

Yeah drunkenly leaving the scene of an accident is totally comparable to viciously beating someone with a claw hammer.

They might as well declare Ted a new species of horse at this point.

10 Likes

But he never hugged Obama, so it’s OK.

3 Likes

Well there’s your problem!

6 Likes

“Enjoy every sandwich” - Warren Zevon

6 Likes

“He’s a member of the Knights of Columbus, for Christ’s sake," said an absolute fucking moron.

7 Likes

I guess 40 hammer blows along with a broken leg, broken nose and a split skull is the trigger for judicial action. I don’t want to think about how bad it should get for judicial action to be coupled with justice.

5 Likes

This from the Jun 7, 2007 LA Times article covering the assault:

"According to Los Angeles police, the teenagers had gone for a drive in the boy’s 2000 Jaguar after school. They were sitting in the parked sedan in Studio City about 5 p.m., when Ditsworth allegedly began talking about suicide and repeatedly struck the girl with the hammer.

Hayden told The Times last month that the pair drove to Jamba Juice after they had finished taking an Advanced Placement exam at the school, which is widely considered one of the nation’s most prestigious college-prep schools. Once they got back in the car, Ditsworth reportedly grabbed his backpack from the back seat and placed it on his seat.

He then pulled out the hammer and began striking Barcay.

He allegedly left the car and moved to the passenger door, pulling the girl out and continuing to hit and choke her. He then fled, according to police…"

7 Likes

“The boy’s 2000 Jaguar”

Enough said.

7 Likes

I kinda wish “for up to” was a little more specific. We can justly complain that he didn’t get the charges,conviction and jail time (it appears) he deserves, but 3 years in a mental institution isn’t no punishment. Depending on the circumstances, could be worse than jail.

1 Like

With his cash it’s probably not very hellish, because he can afford to not just use wherever.

5 Likes

That’s the money quote, right there.

1 Like