Buffet brawl erupts after Golden Corral "runs out of steak"

Originally published at: Buffet brawl erupts after Golden Corral "runs out of steak" | Boing Boing

6 Likes

the steaks

The Steaks Are Too High, Short Staffed Resturant

35 Likes

If I’m going to brawl over steak, I’m at least going for Longhorn. Maybe Outback. Hoss’s.

9 Likes

Perhaps this is the new civil war everyone’s talking about. It was never going to be between partisan factions, 'cuz this is America and individualism reigns supreme: it’s every person for themselves. Years from now history books will be filled with commentary on how the Battle of Golden Corral started it all…

17 Likes

'Twas the t-bone heard 'round the world

6 Likes

I was going to make a joke about how everything has become politicized, but then I watched the video and the guy blames the bad behaviour on someone wearing mask. Sigh. It just isn’t funny anymore.

17 Likes

“all I wanted was some steak”

10 Likes

6 Likes

This brawl was about racial injustices, economic hardships and disenfranchised citizens who have reached a boiling point. It is about every grain of sand that grinds on one’s taint. It is frustration, sadness and blind rage. It is a scream into the void, a cry for acknowledgement of suffering. It is misdirected anger after years of suffering. It is a people’s breaking-point of being exploited and ignored.

Also, they ran out of steak.

13 Likes

“And the man in the back said ‘They ran out of steak!’
and it turned into a Golden Corral Blitz.
And the girl with the plate said, ‘All I wanted was steak!’
and it turned into a Golden Corral blitz.
Golden Corral blitz. Golden Corral blitz. Golden Corral blitz. Golden Corral blitz.”

24 Likes

tugowar

6 Likes

this crowd loves steak almost as much as I do!

2 Likes

If you loved steak, you wouldn’t get it at Golden Corral.

20 Likes

a long time ago I went to Denny’s with someone and they ordered a steak. I said “are you sure you want to order that here?” Turned out to be awful. Who could have guessed?

3 Likes

Bensalem, Bensalem… Where have I heard that name before? Ah, yes:

This would never happen at a Sirloin Stockade.

2 Likes

can you elaborate?

I too would like an elaboration from @RichieRich here… I suspect they just saw the picture and did not watch the video and are drawing certain conclusions that others here also seem to be drawing about the demographics of that crowd.

However…

72.1% Non-Hispanic White, 7.3% Black or African American

9 Likes

Just to confirm what you already know?

1 Like

Which is, what exactly?

Tell Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

4 Likes