But Betsy DeVos' emails: Education Secretary used personal emails for work, Inspector report finds

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/20/but-betsy-devos-emails-educ.html

5 Likes

This is some pretty weaksauce malfeasance. They would have to prove that she used her personal emails specifically to evade storage requirements and not that people mistakenly used the wrong address when sending her mail.

9 Likes

Butter emails!!1!eleventy!!!

8 Likes

It was good enough for a Congressional investigation that lasted longer than the ones for Pearl Harbor and 9/11

39 Likes

I have a large pot of gravy, good for both goose and gander.

10 Likes

That DeVos knows how to use email is more shocking.

28 Likes

LOCK! HER! UP!

19 Likes

If she’s so rich, how come she’s not smart?

18 Likes

I’m contacting the UN about that closeup photo.

5 Likes

It’s pretty obvious now that every week (or day) there will be some new example of how ridiculous, corrupt and hypocritical the Trump administration is.

I hope the DNC is already working on ads that just catalog all these, you won’t even need the sinister music and the flashy graphics.

5 Likes

I don’t understand the part about improperly preserving emails. Or was that also the congratulatory emails sent to her personal account? Because aren’t emails sent to and from .gov addresses automatically archived?

1 Like

I came in here for some mouth eye swappage and yet it appears Rob has Monday off (again!)
Here, enjoy your nightmares everyone!
devossssss

nice ear-rings (eye-rings?)

9 Likes

So she did this supposedly unforgivable, disqualifying thing fewer than 100 times.

1 Like

sounds like a clear pattern to me. first, let’s lock her up. then, let’s get the russians to hack her emails and distribute them through wikileaks.

hmmm. actually, either order is fine

4 Likes

Whenever I see this

It makes me think of this

26 Likes

You have got to hand it to her, that was some Nurse Ratchet level character acting she did.

4 Likes

I’m sure she has people to handle that.

2 Likes

I’d be the first in line to throw a glass of water on Betsy DeVos to see if she melts. (her father-in-law ruined hospitals in my hometown, she made the lives of teachers measurably worse)

But catching downright evil people on some technicality? What kind of justice is that. Get her out of power, sure. But what we all need to see if her taken down for the morally bankrupt things she believes.

4 Likes

It only matters if a Dem does it.

3 Likes

I think it’s probably sensible politically from the point of view of being able to turn around and say “yeah you’re not exactly better than us, how many of you have we caught doing this now?”

In and of itself it’s not exactly a big deal. Mind you, it does demonstrate the problems that can arise when you essentially get rid of all of the institutional knowledge of a government.

3 Likes