Buy the "Cheers" bar. Or buy the original Batman and Robin costumes from the 1960s.

Originally published at: Buy the "Cheers" bar. Or buy the original Batman and Robin costumes from the 1960s. | Boing Boing

2 Likes

giphy

6 Likes

I must have missed the episode where Kirk was knocked down to Lt. Commander, or else there is a story behind the removal of the other stripe of braid.

2 Likes

I’m interested, but only if when you fling a pencil through the back of the set it makes a glass breaking sound. If not, no sale.

1 Like

6 Likes

Man, if I had the dough I would 100% buy the Cheers! bar, install it in a commercial space and run out the rest of my days serving drinks behind it. Ok, actually I would just sit in Norm’s spot and let someone serve me.

@generic_name, with a door that leads to a faux Holodeck exit!

4 Likes

I’m picturing one house with all of the sets in it. What a B&B that would make.

4 Likes

I thought Archie’s chair was in the Smithsonian?

They are, I’ve visited them, very cool.

But despite all the celebration, there was a hitch with the chair donation. Though they were given at the end of the eighth season, when everyone thought the show would end, the network ordered up a ninth season and asked if the donation could be deferred.

Because that would be against Smithsonian protocol, replicas of the chairs had to be specially built for the final season.

“They had to go to a mill in England that specialized in custom textiles to have the fabric handmade to match the original fabric, then they were artificially aged to look like the ones that had been on set before,” says Lintelman. “Over $15,000 was spent to recreate the chairs for the final season.”

But the replicas are not mentioned in the auction description so I wonder where those are.

1 Like

clears throat

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.