By tweet, Trump fires top election security official Chris Krebs. Twitter adds a fact-check label to the lies.

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/17/by-tweet-trump-fires-top-election-security-official-chris-krebs-twitter-adds-a-fact-check-label-to-the-lies.html

6 Likes

So what you’re telling me is… Krebs off security?

23 Likes

And not only that…

Let’s all say it more loudly now,

TREASON

TREASON

TREASON!!

40 Likes

Fucking banana republic shit right here.

28 Likes

At this point, trump’s Twitter feed just needs to be listed as a parody account. Or made into a paywall account (special just for him!).

I can’t wait until we stop hearing from and about this orange shit gibbon.

27 Likes

Don’t forget “impeached, and manifestly unfit”

26 Likes
35 Likes

28 Likes

Actually its 0-26. The PA decision got reversed. Mostly thanks to Rudy’s terrible last minute lawyering. He literally had no idea what the judge was saying and has 12 hours to cough up an opposition to defendant’s motion to dismiss.

40 Likes

Trump is all in. I more clearly see why he’s been holed up either at Mar-A-Lago or the White House: He’s afraid the US national security agencies will take a page from Russia’s playbook and accidently jab him with an umbrella.

12 Likes

Accidentally?

13 Likes

Can he be impeached again? Because this seems like a good time to do it.

22 Likes

For the record.

9 Likes

In the first hearing, Pelosi and company intentionally held back on other offenses… just in case.

9 Likes

Yes, but a better option may be to convince Pence he’d like to be President #46.

5 Likes

Pence wants to be President $anynumber.
Many have speculated that Lord Dampnut will abdicate the throne before 1/20, so that Pence can pardon him for his (numerous) Federal crimes. Of course, this will hose any of Pence’s future political ambitions (see: Gerald Ford), so if Pence refused to issue the pardon(s), it wouldn’t be that surprising… but it would be amusing to watch Lord Dampnut flail around, afterwards.

9 Likes

I’m not American, but it’s my understanding that in 65 days he won’t be President and can be charged like any other ordinary criminal. Impeachment seems a) slow, and b) lacking remedies compared to a civil suit or criminal trial.

8 Likes

Impeachment and removal can take as little or as much time as it does. They could do it tomorrow.

The only remedy is that he would no longer be president. But that doesn’t preclude a trial. In fact it makes it easier as he would no longer enjoy any form of executive privilege or immunity. Also, not being president would be a huge deal!

9 Likes

It’d be trivially easy to 25th Amendment him out of office, but his cabinet was chosen for personal loyalty, not job capability or even a cursory knowledge of the constitution.

12 Likes

Trump thinks he is better at everything than everybody else on earth. It would not surprise me if instead of getting Pence to pardon him that he decides to pardon himself. And I also wouldn’t be surprised if he screws up the pardon because he refuses to admit that he’s committed any crimes and puts in some language like pardon “for any crimes falsely accused of by Democrats”.

Maybe he’ll do both? Pardon himself and then get Pence to pardon him again? Don’t know.

7 Likes