By tweet, Trump fires top election security official Chris Krebs. Twitter adds a fact-check label to the lies.

When I was a kid, I had this friend down the street who lived next to an alley and we used to collect all kinds of junk for our clubhouse, which was really just a big cardboard box. One day it was really windy, like crazy windy and our whole goal that day was to keep the cardboard box from collapsing with all of our goofy stuff in it.

I feel like this is basically Trump, I mean what fucking adult human does things like this? And all the “handlers”, and all the people surrounding him either encouraging it or just letting it happen, it makes you question everything that you thought about the “adults”, and people that get into politics, and what exactly is “leadership.”

Absolutely surreal. I try to ignore it for my mental health but I mean it’s everywhere, it’s impossible to ignore and it is definitely intriguing to find out the next thing and the next thing everyday.

Oh yeah and completely ignoring a pandemic killing hundreds of thousands of people.

I am looking forward to all this being over soon, but it’s definitely like the curtain has been lifted on the bullshit that can and will continue to happen in government.

What is a leader really? I mean in ideal terms I suppose it’s someone that has experience in the ways of persuading a large populace to accept the ideals that help and support the greater good. But what the fuck can 70 million people see in fucking garbage, garbage family, and just everybody surrounding them??

I don’t know if I’ll ever get that answer but I look forward to someone that seems like they care to play the role as a true leader, at least to not be a divisive petty psychotic . We will see :v:

17 Likes

“Trump is hurting the right (immigrants, non-white, poor, experts, anyone left of mussolini) people”
-Pretty much every trump voter you care to engage with

And yeah, it turns out a really huge chunk of americans are just stupid and/or evil.

29 Likes

It was amazing. Rudy could not understand or discuss the most basic legal concepts. I read that he last appeared in federal court 28 years ago, but still his incompetence (and apparent mental decline) was unbelievable. Good news for the rest of us, though.

11 Likes

He did not write that tweet. It’s two long grammatically correct sentences with correct punctuation and capitalisation.

, in that there were massive improprieties

I mean, look at that sentence construction and the big word!

16 Likes

I wonder if he’s ever fired anyone in-person. IIRC, he never actually fired anyone in person on The Apprentice. It was always edited to look like he did, but he couldn’t do it.

8 Likes

If (in some alternate universe) the Senate was amenable, Trump could be disqualified from holding and enjoying any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States

2 Likes

That’s the kind of thing only a weak loser does, someone with tiny hands

3 Likes

Except the one who complained that he wasn’t hurting the right people, thereby explaining what his supporters expected of him.

14 Likes

They could. But given that the Senate composition won’t change until after he’s President, it doesn’t seem like a realistic path. As some wise soul on Twitter said “trump could shoot someone in the senate and still get acquitted 53-47. unless he shot a republican, then it would be 52-47.”

6 Likes

This is the obligatory reminder that David Frum is the war-crime-enabling propagandist who coined the phrase “Axis of Evil”.

I want that phrase hung around his neck like a decaying albatross.

11 Likes

these claims either have been unsubstantiated or are technically incoherent

…the best kind of incoherent

7 Likes

Back in 2016, I was asking “who looked at this turd and saw someone who would help them?” A clearer-headed friend said “A vandal doesn’t look at the brick in their hand and wonder who it will help. Trump is their brick.”

20 Likes

Unfortunately posting Frum’s tweet was the easiest way to insert that quotation.

3 Likes

No worries. Gave me another chance to remind the world what he’s done.

4 Likes

That was exactly what I thought. So not only fired by Tweet, but fired by ghostwritten Tweet.

5 Likes

At this point of administrative decay, I’m assuming the two Stev/ph/ens (Miller and Bannon) are whispering commands like the snakes in Rikki Tikki Tavi.

8 Likes

He was way out of his depth, in a field of practice he knew nothing about, on a case where he was oblivious to what prior plaintiff’s attorneys had done, with only some scripted crap about causes of action which were already dismissed. Its not just mental decline, it was hubris and way too much time on Fox News.

I think the judge kept Rudy in there because he wanted the case moved through his court as quickly as possible, without delays waiting for plaintiffs to obtain new counsel.

That being said, I really feel sorry for the paralegals Rudy probably dragooned into writing the opposition to defendant’s motion to dismiss on a 12 hour deadline.

10 Likes

I’m not American either, but I’d rather not live next door to a fascist dictator who is actively destabilizing his country.

Also, does being impeached and removed mean you can’t also be charged/sued afterward? I have no idea.

3 Likes

The judge treated Rudy exactly the way I see judges treat pro se litigants. Let him ramble. Let him make his horrible arguments. Let him make his record. The judge even went out of his way to suggest the arguments that Rudy should’ve made, and worked to clarify Rudy’s muddled legal positions. In short, he left Rudy no basis on which to appeal after the judge inevitably rules against the Trump campaign.

21 Likes

7 Likes