Caleb Kraft says goodbye to TikTok sensation Lucy the Goose

Originally published at: Caleb Kraft says goodbye to TikTok sensation Lucy the Goose | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Lucy Goosey :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Uh, almost any predator capable of eating your chickens is almost certainly capable of eating a goose, too. Especially a single goose. This is not remotely a solution. It’s not frickin’ rocket science.

OH, FFS.

I confess I get really tired of these goddamn social media pretend farmers who don’t know what the fuck they’re doing. Being negligent in taking care of animals and then acting heartbroken when they inevitably die is also a big pet peeve of mine. This was completely avoidable, but hey, at least someone got to exploit it for likes!

10 Likes

Ablative goose armor for the chickens?

5 Likes

Played Untitled Goose Game one too many times and thought that was standard behavior.

5 Likes

That’s probably not far off, in terms of the thinking - geese make noise and are relatively aggressive, so they’re seen as sort of guard dogs. But only insofar as they’ll alert farmers to threats, not that they can actually do anything about the threat. (And the biggest threat to chickens is a raccoon, which is still going to chew its way through any chickens after it’s done with the goose, just for fun.)

6 Likes

… if only he could find some other sort of animal that could serve as a “guard dog” :thinking:

9 Likes

I’d have to say geese are wilier than most species.

duck fail GIF

4 Likes

That can be a problem, because some dogs end up eating the chickens too. :confused:

Re: Shirley Jackson’s The Renegade.

2 Likes

Donkey has entered the chat. Seriously, you want to bring law & order to the farm… bring in a donkey or two (they do need company).

3 Likes

I think that Geese are Reactive Armour.

4 Likes

raccoon is confused :confused:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.