Calgary airport regrets converting disabled parking spaces into "Lexus only" parking spaces

Oh fuck this is just so dark.

Yeah. Another one of these instances where… how many people did this idea get run by in the process of being implemented, and not one of them thought to say… you know, this just might backfire horribly on us…

7 Likes

Mmm mmm, that late stage capitalism.

3 Likes

It seems to me we may have at last crossed over into a bold new era where there is such a thing as Bad Publicity.

1 Like

Fucking Alberta, man. Worst province to live in, in all of Canada.

Like all good art it stops you and makes you re-evaluate your conception of reality.

6 Likes

There are no words. Like others I find it hard to figure how this got out of the first meeting, it seems so obvious. It does affect their reputation with me quite a bit; it was one of my favourite airports because of the little brass fossils (for the Royal Tyrrel Museum- by Kip Jones (http://www.kipjonesart.com/fossil-floor/)) embedded in the floors. Sheesh.

Some days I really have to wonder:

7 Likes

It would be fun to take a bottle of used motor oil and make some small puddles in these parking spots under where an engine would be. Maybe a little bit of antifreeze for some color. And toss down a few broken, bent, rusty bolts and such (nothing that would damage a tire of course).

6 Likes

Yeah, I’d like to as well. Sometimes a handicapped license plate is a license to fuck with authority! :wink:

So if you park there, will you be towed away by a Lexus tow truck?

6 Likes

Marketing 101?

3 Likes

a whisper-quiet interior

Yes, the faux-wealthy will need that to avoid hearing all the wailing and gnashing of teeth without.

1 Like

What phone/spellcheck are you using? Someone out there has a real problem with the idea of classism and I think it would be useful to find out who it is.

/OT

My browser doesn’t have a context checker, or if it does I was unaware of it. Thanks for pointing it out!

1 Like

What a bonehead idea.

2 Likes

Yeah, just like when they failed to install an appropriate number of lifeboats on the titanic before it left port. It was just a case of bad timing, no hard feelings, right?

1 Like

worf-facepalm

Any bets on whether the flack delivered that completely sincerely; or could barely repress the urge to add “but not our customer base…”?

I mean… They have a history of that working out for them.

Can’t find it now, but there’s another one of a little girl/middle aged woman going through Christmas flashbacks to when she got a pony for Christmas, and during the big reveal she gets a Lexus SUV.

The “Car for Christmas” ads have never gone away, so obviously they work.

1 Like