Calgary airport regrets converting disabled parking spaces into "Lexus only" parking spaces

I agree! Corporatism as outsider art! It’s the last bastion of patronage! Who better to point the accusatory finger at complete corporatist rule than those supported by it?! YAY!

give me a sweetee I needs a sweetee

The optics of using handicapped parking space (let alone legality) is so bad, that I’m left wondering whether the airport employee responsible for implementing this deliberately decided to sabotage this demonstration (hopefully while still exactly following the instructions he’d been giving).

And I have to imagine he or she was amazingly effective. Can anyone here imagine any other car manufacturer even contemplating something like this that could so easily end in a massive PR disaster?

They are, after all, competing with BMW.

2 Likes

Yeah I want to park my beat-up '99 Tacoma there; they are both Toyotas, after all…

Unfortunately airports are like telecoms: no matter how bad their business practices are, they’re pretty hard to avoid. If you live in the Calgary region or are travelling to the Calgary region, you’re pretty much stuck with YYC. In fact, since YYC is a Westjet hub, even if you don’t live in Calgary and aren’t travelling to Calgary you might find yourself passing through YYC.

So they probably don’t care that much about their reputation with travelers, at least not as much as a regular business might. Their real customers are airlines and those customers aren’t going anywhere.

If airports were easier to boycott, I’d never again step foot in any airport that charges for wifi.

1 Like

This would be redundant in Phoenix A/P, where all Lexus owners have already had their doctors sell them a handicapped license prescription.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.