California inmates can have marijuana in prison so long as they don't smoke or eat it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/13/california-inmates-can-have-ma.html

4 Likes

So, just cell plants. How quaint.

Keep it real California.

6 Likes

Great bonsai pruning potential. Or hemp seed cultivation.

1 Like

Someday, far in the future when psilocybin is an integral part of rehabilitation programs, we’ll all look back at this and laugh-cry with our big-ass open hearts.

16 Likes

44 Likes

And that, my friends, is bureaucracy in action. (that is a really hard word to spell!)

8 Likes

And the DIY suppository kits have been selling like hotcakes at the prison pharmacy.

7 Likes

Considering it probably entered the prison stuffed up someone’s butt, that’s appropriate.

6 Likes

Take a wild guess what life behind bars would be like if every prisoner had a good supply of smoking buds? The answer is it would be chill as fu#k, violence would be severely parsed down, and snacks would be the #1 thing on everybody’s mind.

Marijuana is the healing of the Nations!
Pato Banton circa 1980’s

9 Likes

I know nothing about pot. If you had a strainer of some sort, cooked it, and took the leaves back out, would that count?

1 Like

so they can rub on it on themselves for arthritis? a prisoner might have to be careful they don’t get gang licked though.

1 Like

does that work?

Damn… beat me to it…

1 Like

Sadly THC is fat soluble rather than water soluble, so tea wouldn’t work. Cannabutter spread on toast though… Hmmm…

It is possible to do a cold vegetable oil infusion (time period being over weeks), if that’s something someone can get a hold of. Not ideal and will be low strength, but something is better than nothing.

1 Like

I was so excited about my shoving it up your butt the joke. Thanks for nothing.

2 Likes

mal%20nonplussed

1 Like

Prison rape isn’t funny man. But shoving stuff up your butt for no reason always is and I won’t let any liberal take that away from me.

3 Likes

If the alternative is that your drugs are purely ornamental I’m sure they’ll figure something out. If I’ve learned anything from watching Jailbirds, it’s that inmates are very resourceful.

1 Like

Remember when science fiction had evil governments using drugs to make people calm and compliant? Not seeing a downside when it comes to prison populations

Of course the response is that would be silly of the government to allow prisoners to use the drugs which got them into prison in the first place. But the War on Drugs was always a special kind of silly/harm

2 Likes