California inmates can have marijuana in prison so long as they don't smoke or eat it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/13/california-inmates-can-have-ma.html

4 Likes

So, just cell plants. How quaint.

Keep it real California.

6 Likes

Great bonsai pruning potential. Or hemp seed cultivation.

1 Like

Someday, far in the future when psilocybin is an integral part of rehabilitation programs, we’ll all look back at this and laugh-cry with our big-ass open hearts.

16 Likes

44 Likes

And that, my friends, is bureaucracy in action. (that is a really hard word to spell!)

8 Likes

And the DIY suppository kits have been selling like hotcakes at the prison pharmacy.

7 Likes

Considering it probably entered the prison stuffed up someone’s butt, that’s appropriate.

6 Likes

Take a wild guess what life behind bars would be like if every prisoner had a good supply of smoking buds? The answer is it would be chill as fu#k, violence would be severely parsed down, and snacks would be the #1 thing on everybody’s mind.

Marijuana is the healing of the Nations!
Pato Banton circa 1980’s

9 Likes

I know nothing about pot. If you had a strainer of some sort, cooked it, and took the leaves back out, would that count?

1 Like

so they can rub on it on themselves for arthritis? a prisoner might have to be careful they don’t get gang licked though.

1 Like

does that work?

Damn… beat me to it…

1 Like

Sadly THC is fat soluble rather than water soluble, so tea wouldn’t work. Cannabutter spread on toast though… Hmmm…

It is possible to do a cold vegetable oil infusion (time period being over weeks), if that’s something someone can get a hold of. Not ideal and will be low strength, but something is better than nothing.

1 Like

I was so excited about my shoving it up your butt the joke. Thanks for nothing.

2 Likes

mal%20nonplussed

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Prison rape isn’t funny man. But shoving stuff up your butt for no reason always is and I won’t let any liberal take that away from me.

3 Likes

If the alternative is that your drugs are purely ornamental I’m sure they’ll figure something out. If I’ve learned anything from watching Jailbirds, it’s that inmates are very resourceful.

1 Like