California townspeople initiated a citizen’s arrest of obnoxious "air horn guy"

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/11/16/california-townspeople-initiat.html

3 Likes

He’s getting a medal for his tremendous assholery, believe me. This is Trump’s America now.

24 Likes

I’m confused. If the police already stopped him, the citizens were just being angry dicks and getting in the way. That’s not a citizen’s arrest.

If the citizens found him and held him up until police arrived, THEN it was a citizen’s arrest.

10 Likes

This is one of those times when one can look at the picture of the person, and what they did, and say, “Yeah, this doesn’t surprise me.”

11 Likes

I see they caught a photo of one of the air horn victims, as well.

19 Likes

Either that or he’s going to be executed.

2 Likes

Any word on if he’d left his wallet there?

10 Likes

He probably left it in Rob’s safe

7 Likes

Well someone’s got to get it.

5 Likes

In California, isn’t this just performance art?

4 Likes

Only if you’re rich. Then you get to be an eccentric artist.

6 Likes

I used to think that I was eccentric, but it turned out I was just lopsided.

17 Likes

Close enough, you’re within the radius to at least be weird.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Well played. 4am isn’t exactly a Midnight Marauder, but close enough.

4 Likes

If it were a reggaeton horn, I’d be behind this.

But an air horn? Yeah, fuck that guy.

2 Likes

It’s Abstract comedy.

2 Likes

Back in the ’60s, my dad commuted to work in a little Volkswagen Beetle. He installed something very similar to this kind of air horn; it had two actual horns that worked simultaneously, and sounded like a freaking Mack truck.

He didn’t use it maliciously, but if someone cut him off in traffic, he’d let ’em have it. I witnessed it once while riding with him; the offender practically hit the roof of their car, while (presumably) suffering from near heart failure from a massive sudden influx of adrenaline. They had to pull over to the side of the road to recover.

I’ve gotta say – it would be impractical, but I would dearly love to mount one of these on a bicycle. Talk about instant karma… can you imagine?

4 Likes

Yep, he’s just expressing his newfound patriotism!

5 Likes

Excellent idea he had!

I have always wondered why car horns sound so impotent these days … perhaps retrofits…

I fully expect that Trump’s DC motorcade will be complete with the General Lee paint job and the dixie horn turned to 11 just to piss off all the Dems in DC.

2 Likes