Canada is Cool

How about Alaska? It will make the maps look cleaner. But they have to keep the Palin clan.

5 Likes

Regarding Michigan, think a bit hereā€¦ Weā€™d have to be the ones who put the current governor in front of a firing squad, and we canā€™t do that - we havenā€™t got a death penalty. As for ND, we need some sort of fit, and Iā€™m not sure weā€™d find it with North Dakotans. Besides, if they arenā€™t moaning afterwards, it probably isnā€™t a fair trade.

Letā€™s compromise with South Dakota then. Weā€™ll just add Wayne Gretzky to Mt. Rushmore and call it a day.

@Tribune - I would like Alaska yes! I would even keep the Palins to get it!
@PatRx2 - nah, just declare him a dangerous offender and send him to Pennetang for life with all the other criminal crazies!

Tho youā€™ve got me thinkingā€¦ we just need to annex all the northern states. Really, it just makes sense.

3 Likes

Nah, just a little ā€œcosmetic surgeryā€ to the carvings to make them into Sir John A., Wilfred Laurier, Mackenzie King and Pierre Trudeau. (That latter should get them moaning enough that we know itā€™s a fair trade.)

3 Likes

Tommy Douglas instead of King!

2 Likes

That could work. We might be willing to keep the Palins for the entertainment value. Kind of a counterweight to the Trailer Park Boys. Let me run it by Missy_Pants.

edit: I see she has already agreed.

2 Likes

Do we have quorum? Can we rule on this? We may need more canucksā€¦

3 Likes

Hmmā€¦ Heads of government, I think. If you accept substitutes, then youā€™d have to add C. D. Howe for the war years, and that would be adding American content.

Our Minister of Production during WWII was an American; the UKā€™s Minister of Production during WWII was a Canadian (Lord Beaverbrook). If our American friends followed our example, we would havenā€™t to negotiate taking back Cruz.

Edit: ā€¦but weā€™d still sting the Hell out of them if they want us to take back Bieber.

1 Like

Well, any four Canadians of good character may speak for the nation, but maybe weā€™d better get a few more just to be sure.* Iā€™d like to see some representation from the west coast. BC might be interested in acquiring Washington.

*Sure of a consensus, that is. Not impugning anyoneā€™s character here.

1 Like

Alaska is fine, with or without the Palins. There was not only an Alaskan separatist movement, there was a time when it had a ā€œJoin Canadaā€ component.

So, for taking back Bieber, may I suggest holding out for Alaska, Wisconsin (theyā€™ve got curling clubs), and Vermont? (Edit: Minnesota too, maybe - they also have curling clubs.) And if they want to throw in Cruz, can I suggest we get really serious, and add in Maine, upstate New York (including Buffalo) and Washington?

Itā€™s maybe a good time to review the Turks and Caicosā€™ request to join Confederation while weā€™re at itā€¦

2 Likes

Looking for full riparian rights?

Sneaky devils. :wink:

2 Likes

If you donā€™t think a guy who rose to pop-stardom via YouTube is jetpack-future-cool, then get offa my lawn! Weā€™re throwing a party here tonight and need to unload these keggers of Labattā€™s.

1 Like

Nice try, you sneak! ND is where we keep our nukes!

1 Like

huhhuhuhuhhuh you said ā€œbeaverā€

At this point I am willing to just make a new country Amerada taking up Canada and all of the US except the former Confederacy and Arizona which can be sold off to Mexico.

1 Like

Gotta get some payback for 1812! I mean cā€™mon!!
AND for 1930! Or are you going to pretend you didnā€™t have a war plan to invade Canada in 1930!? Hmph!

@Mangochin - what about Texas thoā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s our manifest destiny.

1 Like

Going to be a whole lot of cops, politicos and ā€œbusinessmenā€ ending up in Penetanguishene, then. Might happen anyway, will ye, nil ye, should you end up with President Trump or President Cruz. I expect an immense upsurge in refugees immigration to Canada in either case, and thatā€™s no joke.

Give them back to Mexico - there would be a certain poetic justice in that.

2 Likes

1930? We always have a war plan to invade Canada. And trust me, when we find it on the map, youā€™re in trouble.

7 Likes