Canada not okay with Trump sending ~1,000 troops to Canada border

Justin Trudeau did not order American troops to the border… Trump did.

Yes, cause I think the PM of Canada can order American troops about if he’s concerned about American “refugees”… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

One of my great uncles got went over the Berlin Wall. The shot him and he lost his leg below his he knee.

11 Likes

As his government crumbled around him, Trump ordered 1000 troops to assembled at the Canadian border for a d*** measuring contest of epic proportions. Hoping that the average size of the 1000 would equal, at the very least, one well endowed male, who would act in as a stand in for his obvious lack in this area, like his apparent lack in most other faculties.

And I don’t see troops being sent to the U.S./Russia border. More evidence of Trump/Putin collusion, perhaps? :thinking::crazy_face:

I suppose there’s a mile or so of fairly frosty water to cross… :thinking:

1 Like

Wow… when did that happen? The year, I mean.

I think people who managed to get out often did so via securing legal documents to travel to West Berlin, and then just stayed. Of course, some people went back and forth, between one side of the city and the other.

But Sarah Palin can see russia from her house, so it’s fine.

6 Likes

If I can get a boat, I’d like to patrol a section of Lake Huron, just east of Alpena Michigan. I already have a place I could stay.

2 Likes

I don’t know. Only have the story from family as I never met him - or any of the relatives from that grandparent.

3 Likes

Well, borders are cruel things. :pensive:

4 Likes

@Mindysan33 you OK?

4 Likes

Just get irritated when my field of study is explained to me as if I don’t know the basics… Like, I understand that there was a border between East and West Germany, not just in Berlin… I cover such issues in my survey classes, since Germany plays such a central role in CW tensions in Europe… :woman_shrugging: But still, not as large as the US-Canadian border, right? 1000 soldiers can’t secure shit outside of check points, which as other have pointed out in some places include things like… flower plots and lines on the road.

Also… gestures at the larger world then gestures are history job market then gestures at the president

So… yeah. I’m as okay as anyone else right now, better off than others, I’m sure (I’d love to be able to reprovison my families dwindling TP supply, but at least we have some…)

How are you?

And thanks for asking… We should all ask each other if we’re okay more often. Maybe I’ll start a thread…

15 Likes

We are healthy and physically comfortable.
I play lots of games on my PC and avoid contact with humans anyway,
but I am afraid.

Back to you.
I was concerned that you seemed, I don’t know, fragile(?),
easily ticked(?)
I’m glad to be wrong.

We get our tp on Amazon.
No problems so far.

7 Likes

Americans are not OK with it either. Who wants to be locked into a country with that madman in charge? When martial law comes down it comes down fast. Talk to the few folks you can trust & start building small-cell resistance now.

3 Likes

Well, recreational weed sales in Michigan are on hold for now. So…

4 Likes

I talked to a Canadian once about my fond memories of visiting Niagara Falls, and they pointed out pretty much all the scary stuff is on the US side, the Canadian owned part is basically a tollbooth. The implication was similar to your sentiment.

Also frankly if you feel a need to flee the USA, I worry Canada is not far enough…

6 Likes

You might as well trolley some spoons and plugs behind your boat while you’re out there, just sayin’. :wink:

3 Likes

It feeds the blame shifting narrative doesn’t it? Send up some smoke and let people think there’s fire.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.