Candace Owens ousted from Daily Wire over antisemitic remarks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/22/candace-owens-ousted-from-daily-wire-over-antisemitic-remarks.html

3 Likes

Don’t feel bad for Owens, though; her blend of Dunning-Kruger self-style expert opinions mixed with hatred for Jews will guarantee her a steady paycheck in 2020s America.

I’m sure Elon Musk is already drafting a contract to have her do an exclusive show on Xitter.

16 Likes

Don’t feel bad for Owens, though

Done. That was easy.

She fancies herself a virologist, claiming actor Bob Saget’s death was caused by the Covid vaccine and said she would rather die on her deathbed than get the vaccine

It wouldn’t surprise me in the least that she actually is completely current on the vaccine but just demonizes it in public, as so very many right wing media people do.

16 Likes

Sheesh Candace, everyone in MAGAland knows you’re not supposed to say anything antisemitic…yet.

5 Likes

Illustration Bye Felicia GIF by giphystudios2021

5 Likes

LOL.

GIF by Matthew Henry

3 Likes

tenor

fired

5 Likes

I was impressed by the time she claimed a woman could insert her vagina into another woman’s bits.
I get that there are incels out there with little idea how female anatomy works, but surely she’s a cis woman?

5 Likes

I assure you; trans women wouldn’t be so deluded.

8 Likes

There was a scene in Orange is the New Black where the trans character, Sophia, holds a mini-seminar on women’s anatomy… None of the cisgendered women she was talking to knew how their own bodies worked… I suspect that generally speaking true, especially among people who did not get any kind of sex ed in school. And of course, that ignorance serves a purpose, primarily having to do with girls and women having the information to make informed choices about our bodies and people trying to obstruct that to keep us “in our place.” Likely another reason why trans women are so hated by some people. :rage: Our liberations are tightly intertwined.

12 Likes

Can testify. The number of teen girls I run into who think that that they pee out of their vaginas (and even here, they mean vulvas) is truly disturbing. They have no idea how their own bodies are put together. It is very sad.

11 Likes

Ugh - the stuff I see repeated by men and women on Twitter about how bodies work - just - how??? Not just teens but full on adults who have had kids. And fucking people making LAWS.

It is, IMO, partly due to our puritanical roots where discussions about naughty bits is sinful and shameful - combined with misogyny to keep women uneducated (and men as well uneducated about women.)

5 Likes

Not to diminish how much more drastically this effects women and girls, but do you see a similar disconnect in boys? Seems like they also aren’t getting taught much, if they’re afraid to wipe their bums and think scrotal tanning is some sort of panacea. :grimacing:

5 Likes

I’d rather die on my deathbed then in my deathkitchen.

4 Likes

Honestly, i don’t see as much blatent ignorance about their bodies structurally, but most boys have absolutely no clue about function. And, of course, that is very much by design.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.