Candace Owens says the Munchkins in The Wizard of Oz are performing a “satanic ritual” (video)

which is kinda funny, considering dorothy is the all-american-girl from kansas, and its her dream / all in her head after all.

3 Likes

playing to her followers.

2 Likes

Just wait until she discovers the religion that ritually eats the body of their prophet and washes it down with his blood every Sunday.

4 Likes

This was my take as well. She doesn’t mean for this to be taken seriously. She thinks it’s funny. And it could be, but her delivery and presentation sucks so bad because conservative pundits really don’t get humor at all. They just don’t understand how it works, so when they try it, it comes off like this.

6 Likes

That would be a horrible way to treat good music!

4 Likes

I’m not surprised Candace didn’t glom onto that. She only knows what she knows (and badly at that) from the 1939 film.

3 Likes

Satanic rituals? Suddenly, the Wizard of Oz movie is more compelling to me than ever.

3 Likes

Or given the moral character of the Wizard he didn’t want to send a young girl up in the balloon alone with him.

2 Likes

It wasn’t her house. Uncle Henry, however, might be getting a summons.

6 Likes

“Munchkins of the jury, I ask you: where is this so-called ‘Uncle Henry’ who so conveniently disappeared when the house was uprooted? Without any documentation, this Dorothy claims that this house, of which she was the sole occupant at the time of the tornado, was in fact not her own but somebody else’s. In a shameless attempt to escape liability, she has invented an uncle, of whom no record exists anywhere in Oz.”

5 Likes

I guess that I have to ask: Is this Candace a real person or someone’s avatar?

1 Like

She’s obviously a LLM or more accurately, a SLM because she obviously doesn’t have a wide range of data from which to source.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification…lol

-z-

1 Like

Gone with the Wind?
King Kong?

Not to mention, it was all a dream!

ETA: I just noticed this was mentioned before.

1 Like

Both classics, but I bet way more people have seen Wizard of Oz. I haven’t seen all of Gone with the Wind, just some clips.

They still play Wizard of Oz on network TV occasionally.

1 Like

I still remember back in the day when King Kong on TV was a Thanksgiving tradition.

1 Like

Actually some believe in transubstantiation where it is literally flesh and blood, they also believe in zombies

1 Like

Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster

I didn’t know that Godzilla went to Middlesbrough.

1 Like

So this was the region’s mascot.

1 Like