Candace Owens says the Munchkins in The Wizard of Oz are performing a “satanic ritual” (video)

Noel Moon sick
Christ on a bike!
christ-bicicleta
Who gives a fuck what that fool “thinks” or verbally spews?

12 Likes

Sheriff Roscoe would have vastly improved F&F.

5 Likes

If Candace was a character in the Oz books, she’d be the useless simulacrum named Jack Pumpkinhead, that is, he being the least intelligent character in an Oz universe filled with questionable characters, and whose pumpkin head must continually be replaced due to spoilage and rotting.

Yes. Yes. She’d be Jack Pumpkinhead.

4 Likes

wizard of oz brain GIF

11 Likes

If you’re an awful person with indefensible ideas, people with think awful things about you. If you tell yourself that your god commands you to believe the indefensible, people will think you pious.

6 Likes

Saying the dumbest shit possible is the only way she can elevate her brand.
Sad? Or funny? I can’t tell anymore.

6 Likes

Most people do, but it was in the movie nonetheless.

It’s not a photoshop, the Scarecrow really was packing heat in the part of the movie where they went on the mission to the Wicked Witch’s castle. Here’s a clip of the relevant scene:

8 Likes

The lighting is so damn dark, no wonder I missed it… every single time.

Thanks, now I am sufficiently demoralized even further for today; mission accomplished.

Think I’m gonna log off and go do something that makes me feel better…

3 Likes

Most people also missed that the Tin Man very intentionally untied the Wizard’s hot air balloon at the end of the movie in an attempt to keep Dorothy stranded in Oz. I guess he didn’t have the heart to see her leave.

2 Likes

do you suppose MGM removed ihe gun before they restored it? Because I can’t imagine why anyone would pass off anything so dark and fuzzy as the “real” Wizard of Oz.

1 Like

Nuh-uh Candace, your mom’s a satanic ritual.
(And that’s about the level of response or thought this deserves.)

4 Likes

No, you can definitely see the gun in the HD restoration. I’d forgotten all about it until rewatching the movie with my kids a few years ago.

I think it’s one of those things most of us don’t notice or don’t remember because it conflicts with our popular concept of how those characters ought to act. Kind of like how everyone forgets that Michael Keaton’s version of Batman straight-up murdered at least 20 people in the Tim Burton movies.

7 Likes

That’s good. I briefly considered picking up ET the other day. and I was pleased that Spielberg put the rifles back in.

Now, if only George Lucas had come to his senses.

4 Likes

Yeah when I got the Blu-ray version of that movie 20 years ago or so Spielberg had already reverted it back to the original. Stripped out all the shitty CGI effects too (you could see some of those “deleted scenes” in the special features and boy were those a bad idea).

4 Likes

So Candace Owens finally got around to seeing Wicked? I’ll admit, I fell in love with Elphaba, too.

4 Likes
8 Likes

Has anyone tried syncing Pink Floyd’s Dark Side Of The Moon to her commentary?

4 Likes

There’s still a civil action in there. She failed to properly secure her house in spite of the real and reasonable possibility of a tornado uprooting the house entirely.

2 Likes

Isn’t there a forced detransition at the end of that book?

“You are not a girl just now” said she, gently, “because Mombi transformed you into a boy. But you were born a girl, and also a Princess; so you must resume your proper form, that you may become Queen of the Emerald City.”

“Oh, let Jinjur be the Queen!” exclaimed Tip, ready to cry. “I want to stay a boy, and travel with the Scarecrow and the Tin Woodman, and the Woggle-Bug, and Jack⁠—yes! and my friend the Sawhorse⁠—and the Gump! I don’t want to be a girl!”

7 Likes

I think mentioning Oompa Loompas is what counts for humor. Let’s see…

:white_check_mark: Does an “edgy” take on an old classic
:white_check_mark: Makes the protagonist into a villain
:white_check_mark: Is at the same time dismissive and acts as if not truly literate in the culture
:white_check_mark: Name-checks Christian mythology
:white_check_mark: Avoids actual religious doctrine/canon
:no_entry: Makes sense

Yep. Has all the hallmarks of right-wing “humor”. Checks the boxes it should, and ignores what it is supposed to ignore.

Classic trollfishing antics, I regret giving her this much of the attention she desperately craves.

6 Likes