Candidate Ramaswamy's "TRUTH" banner comes crashing down on his head (video)

Originally published at: Candidate Ramaswamy's "TRUTH" banner comes crashing down on his head (video) | Boing Boing

9 Likes

29 Likes

God is more forgiving than me. I would have just hit him with a lightning bolt.

15 Likes

wait, “god is real”? isn’t he a hindu? don’t they have a whole bunch of deities, none of them being the judeo-christian god?

10 Likes

Could it be
SATAN!

8 Likes

Ooh, which one?

20 Likes

It’s a sign.

14 Likes

13 Likes

That right there is a bunch of metaphors.

11 Likes

The cynical assumption about cults has always been that there’s no there there. They engage in a pattern of religious rituals (a cult), but there’s nothing beyond that.

So if christian nationalism is merely fascism cloaked in the image of a god, it shouldn’t matter that Ramaswamy doesn’t care about the religious implications, It leaves more space in his brain to concentrate on the fascist implications-- the real meat of Christian Nationalism.

12 Likes

There’s a guy behind it who walks away quickly when it falls…was Humpty Dumpty pushed?

3 Likes

I haven’t forgotten

9 Likes

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

6 Likes

There seems to be an established link between Ethno-fascism and certain members of the Hindu faith; so Ramaswamy has got a template.

7 Likes

My speculation too. I would love to read an essay by an expert on the RSS discussing (or dismissing) any connection between what Ramaswamy professes, and what Modi does.

3 Likes

Isn’t Ramaswamy a Hindu? So which God is real?

Pretty sure the party of Merkin Cheesus don’t think it is Vishnu.

6 Likes

I thought he worshiped Trump?

3 Likes

It’s kind of a new sycretic pseudo-monotheistic Hinduisim, where all the Hindu gods are aspects of the same capital-G god. However it’s also closely associated with Indian far right wing ethnic fascism, which makes it functionally the same as MAGA Trumpist Christianity with the differences being mostly cosmetic. That’s how Ramaswamy can say and act in ways that are completely familiar and ingratiating to the MAGA folks without even being Christian.

My prediction: at some point a major news outlet will do some kind of big exposé on his faith and religious beliefs, and some of the other Republican candidates will make a stink about it (not Nikki Haley though, as her birth name is Nimrata Randhawa), but in the end it won’t make a bit of difference to the MAGA folks: at this point it’s about “sticking it to the libs” more than anything else, and if they’re fine with someone as clearly un-Christian as Trump, someone explicitly non-Christian won’t deter them either.

11 Likes

The MAGA folks don’t really care if he worships Jesus but they’ll eat him alive if they get wind that he doesn’t worship Trump.

8 Likes

Somedays the Truth doesn’t bother getting her boots on, but goes straight to work.

3 Likes