Capitol rioter armed with pistol and wooden mallet sentenced to 7 years in prison

Originally published at: Capitol rioter armed with pistol and wooden mallet sentenced to 7 years in prison | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Fafo GIF - FAFO - Discover & Share GIFs

20 Likes

“If I had known that day would turn into what it turned into, I would have stayed home”

Bringing body armour and a loaded weapon into DC sounds like he was planning for the kind of day it turned into.

Or did he mean the kind of day when he gets caught?

37 Likes

Translation:

“If I had known that day that we wouldn’t get to kill Mike Pence I would have stayed home.”

25 Likes

“If I had known that day that our horrifyingly traitorous plans weren’t going to work out the way we wanted and I wouldn’t be able to kill any of the Dem leadership on behalf of my Lying Shitstain Grifter Gameshow Host Nazi Cult Leader…”

19 Likes

Title has a typo: ‘mallet’ should have been ‘pallet’, although I suspect either would have been okay for the fine gentleman.

17 Likes

And again I’m struck by how light these people are getting off compared to left wing protesters. We had Occupy people getting a decade, there are people from Standing Rock doing 8 years for property damage, a couple decades for people caught up in the green scare, people doing decades for self defense against Proud Boys and the Feds saw no problem using a collective guilt approach for J20 defendants. I mean look at the treatment of people caught up around cop city and tell me this system has any justice.

17 Likes

I’ve attended dozens of protests and rallies and never once felt the need to wear body armor or carry a weapon.

8 Likes

“If I had known that day would turn into what it turned into, I would have stayed home”

Sorry, your crocodile tears should do you no good. Spend the next couple years in prison thinking about what you did to put yourself there.

7 Likes

Jada Pinkett Smith Periodt GIF by Red Table Talk

6 Likes

Pallet? or Mallet? these are very different things, although i could imagine either one being used on J6.

7 Likes

While several years in jail isn’t nothing, they absolutely got a slap on the wrist compared to everyone else as punishment for a far, far worse crime. Of course, that’s on top of the fact that if they had been anyone else but privileged white right wing assholes, most of them wouldn’t even have been alive to make it to trial. If for some wildly unlikely reason it had been any left wing group of any sort (seriously, you name it, from civil rights activists to environmentalists to unions, doesn’t matter) the corpses would have been piled so high that they would have been physically unable to even get into the Capitol.

Always the kid gloves with fascists. The cops, the judges, the whole system. Every. Fucking. Time.

17 Likes

Hmmm…

8 Likes

Yet again

10 Likes

The Pallet from the Capitol is the brew that is true.

3 Likes

Was that meant to be mallet or pallet? Or both?
I see the title says one and further down the article says another.

2 Likes

One is like a hammer, and gets you in the slammer.

4 Likes

Anything’s a mallet if you swing it hard enough

7 Likes

When your only tool is a mallet, every problem looks like a watermelon.

7 Likes

“If i’d known i wouldn’t be treated like a war hero and given my own postage stamp and a congressional medal of freedom i would have stayed home”

6 Likes