Car crash footage with one of the vehicles digitally removed

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/01/car-crash-footage-with-one-of.html

6 Likes

These would be really boring if it was footage from accidents at roundabouts.

4 Likes

I can see the Hollywood pitch meeting:

“It’s Inception meets Russian dashcam videos.”

15 Likes

You mean like an M. Night Shyamalan movie, where it turns out the cars are crashing themselves? And M. Night himself has a cameo as the mechanic who explains that cars are smart, or something? Can someone get in touch with Mark Wahlberg, is he working on anything right now?

12 Likes

Attack of the

4 Likes

This is the police wet dream, being able to disable vehicles remotely. Get ready to see it in reality as cars become more networked.

3 Likes

I think my speakers are broken because I don’t hear the BRRAAAHHHHHHHHMMMMs.

3 Likes

spooky ghost-squawk at the end

5 Likes

Someone should do this with the 11’8" (8") bridge crashes by removing the bridge.

15 Likes

This is the consequence of time travelers changing the timeline to prevent their loved ones from dying in car accidents yet the timeline doesn’t get changed for the other drivers because the time travelers didn’t anticipate how much fate really likes to keep things the same.

11 Likes

This is what happens when you drive on Wonder Woman’s runway.

[I think it works better as “Wonder Woman’s tarmac” but I don’t know if people still say tarmac.]

2 Likes

Maybe you need special glasses to see the other cars …

8 Likes

The Invisible Hulk

4 Likes

“So, your honor, as you can clearly see from this 100% unedited video, my client’s vehicle was not even at the scene.”
Judge: I can see the pixels

6 Likes

Maybe all the missing cars were cerulean blue?

4 Likes

What was that from… X-Files?

2 Likes

Damn. I found that entire thing legitimately unsettling, perhaps because I couldn’t help imaging what it would be like if this were what driving in the real world was really like, where there were simply invisible battering rams that could and would strike on rare occasions out of nowhere.

3 Likes

I never saw it coming.

3 Likes

That’s an actual movie. It’s called “Invisible Invaders” which came out in 1959 and has been a staple of afternoon “Creature Feature” type shows ever since.

This video was better than that movie.

1 Like

A classic! I did use a still from this one, though:

1 Like