Car detailer documents his worst case, an 18-hour transformation

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/26/car-detailer-documents-his-worst-case-an-18-hour-transformation.html

5 Likes

Wow, those parents are much more laid back than mine! They would’ve made us kids clean up all of that mess inside before letting anyone else see it, let alone work on it. :astonished:

21 Likes

If it got that bad in just 2 years, doing some extrapolation suggests there will be french fries on the floor by the time she gets to the end of the driveway.

19 Likes

I’m surprised the owners agreed to be filmed. Forthwith known as The Filthiest People in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.

16 Likes

I’m disappointed that there is no Vehicle Protection Agency or other body to take this van into custody and remove it from the family that treats it so badly.

13 Likes

When you don’t have 18 hours until Bonnie comes home:

20 Likes

As soon as he said “I hope yer’ll all havin’ a good deey”, I knew he was Canadian, and sure enough; “Kia of Saskatoon” was on the side of the van.

3 Likes

I think french fries were specifically engineered to get trapped under car seats.

4 Likes

When I worked in a car dealership one of my jobs was preparing the trade ins for auction and I saw some horrors but nothing that matches that

The worst I think was the van I had to take the pressure washer inside the cab to remove the two inches of mud on the floor. Farm vehicles live a hard life

7 Likes

Happy customer drives off!

18 hours later… 1:30

6 Likes

Seeing just what type of person could let their vehicle get like that (yes, I raised two boys!) was as interesting as the transformation itself. Was anything that hit the seats or carpet ever picked up? The fact that they let themselves be filmed in this context speaks volumes.

8 Likes

I would hate to see the van owners’ house.

10 Likes

It’s almost as if they never drove the vehicle, left it outside 24/7, and allowed a bunch of kids use it as a club house.

7 Likes

Plot twist: They don’t have kids.

15 Likes

Am I the only one wondering why do people eat in their car?!? I’ve been driving for more than 25 years and I only remember eating in my car twice… and yes, i have kids and we only have one car.

4 Likes

Genuine question… What’s a car detailer? Is it really a very very diligent car cleaner?

3 Likes

Yeah, my parents weren’t exactly precious about their cars - in fact, they never much cared about cars or how clean theirs were - but never let me create a mess, much less anything like that. (I don’t remember ever eating in the car, period.)

Or they have a bunch of small kids and they eat all their meals, which are junk food, in the car. Which is disturbingly plausible.

7 Likes

Kids who drop a disturbing amount of food on the floor, which they never pick up.

I thought the same thing at first, but maybe they have very happy pets. :dog: :smile_cat: :fries:

9 Likes

I’ll bet the engine/compartment was 100X cleaner than the cabin.

5 Likes

They lost them in the debris field.

11 Likes