Cast of Twin Peaks revival talk about how their characters have changed in revival series

If you ever wanted to play what is essentially Twin Peaks: The Videogame, be sure to check out Deadly Premonition.

Much like Twin Peaks it’s a deeply flawed and often incomprehensible mess, but somehow it all just works.

1 Like

My log[s] don’t judge either.

2 Likes

Dark black hole. Zoom out. Tunnel. Zoom out. Row upon rows of tunnels. Zoom out. Holes in ceiling tiles. Cut to Leland Palmer, staring silently at the tiles.

• My favorite Twin Peaks scene
4 Likes

Audrey Horne, you say?

I’m pretty sure the blame goes to Robert Engels. He ruined Gene Rodenberry’s Andromeda as well. I don’t think he understands what a story is.

2 Likes

I just want my smart phone assistant to respond to “Diane”.

That and I want a damn fine cup of coffee with a slice pie.
I could really use that right now.

“Diane where is the nearest damn fine cup of coffee?”

5 Likes

And the dancing chops of the Man in Red

5 Likes

I can hardly wait to watch this on my phone!

I liked the scary parts but didn’t understand it till I watched the movie Fire Walk With Me, and then I really understood what was going on after I read The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer, written by Lynch’;s daughter.

Understanding what happened made the whole thing even more horrible and scarier.

5 Likes

And there’s

3 Likes

what a coincidence - I was once drunk in a BOB.

not that hard, though. the barbecue with friends was nice and relaxing.

2 Likes

when I heard and saw the trees in the intro it really bought the feeling back in and that haunting music just does

1 Like

4 Likes

It’s also fun if you think of Fresh Off The Boat as a prequel, watching Leland Palmer in this weird pre-Twin-Peaks life, looking for signs that he’s going off the rails. Adds a fun, twisted layer to an already totally serviceable half hour comedy…

2 Likes

in what I imagine to have been typecasting, he was also The Devil in a pretty good 00’s comedy show on CW called Reaper.

That was nice and creepy.

Seeing those cast-members on other shows is always the weirdest thing. Maclaughlan had a pretty funny recurring role on the dumb-but-usually-funny How I Met Your Mother, but as soon as he shows up on TV, your mind gets automatically primed for a Lynch-ian twist that, sadly, never comes.

The weirdest was the one that I didn’t realize until after I’d seen her on another show for all the years of the original run and also years of re-runs without making the connection. Then I re-watched Twin Peaks. Next time I caught a re-run of the other show, I realized it had featured the same actress for years, which released a tidal wave of wtf into my mind: Mrs. Palmer, Laura’s mom reduced to staring at the ceiling fan in grief, was also Mrs. Ross on Seinfeld, George’s Mother-In-Law-to-be before his fiancee Susan’s death. Grace Zabriskie

1 Like

She had a pretty fucking great turn in Big Love as well. There’s typecasting, and then there’s: This character just wouldn’t be what it is without that thing that is immutably her.

1 Like

The actor that played Bob, Frank Silva, sadly died years ago.

Potential Spoilers ahead…

True story - Silva wasn’t originally in the show, but was a part of the crew. Lynch added him to the show spontaneously, as a result of picturing him trapped inside of Laura’s room. His appearance in the show mirrored his real life attire. And this…is the difference between Twin Peaks and the countless imitators it’s influenced.

4 Likes

And this is a fundamental aspect of the show that maybe @Haystack should be warned about: the way the story is told is rather wobbly and convoluted, but if you can receive it as a roller-coaster rather than a train, you can enjoy the wobbliness and convolutedness as being exactly the point.

While I enjoy shows that make me think, I enjoy Twin Peaks as something completely different: a show that makes me not-think, like a koan made for TV.

4 Likes

The biggest plothole is how Laura Palmer found the TIME for all of her … extracurricular activities. High school student, part-time perfume clerk, Meals on Wheels, tutoring Audrey’s brother. And then the other things.

6 Likes

Twin Peaks is that dream where everything makes sense until you wake up.

4 Likes