Cat does a danger dance

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/22/cat-does-a-danger-dance.html

14 Likes

Stupid cat. If it walked with out rhythm, it wouldn’t attract the worm.

38 Likes

My cats are much more aggressive. When I “play mouse,” even by accident, there is blood on the sheets.

10 Likes

Ah yes, Thing Under the Blanket. A favorite pastime

15 Likes

Only one way to counter a danger dance:

39 Likes

Laser-kitty-focus on that pillow-prey!

6 Likes

i love playing “mouse under the covers” game with our cats, haha. it gets them SO WIRED.

7 Likes

Safer to play during cold weather. Thicker blankets.

16 Likes

23 Likes

awww… and it’s that cute breed of kitty designed (phase#1) to be more tribble-like called a “Munchkin”. next up: breed away tail and ears (i believe the ears have already been done) then declaw and detooth… yep, and then there’ll be no tribble at all. ((ick))

3 Likes

“blankie monster” is also a favorite game of dachshunds and other small(ish) dogs.

5 Likes

Don’t imagine someone else hasn’t already thought of that.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Wow flashbacks again. Can’t believe this vid hit the UK in 1984 (!), I had the album as well - good stuff. Always confused me - Canadian band, but video with Morris men set in a Wiltshire village - but then realised director was Tim Pope so all clear now…

Also I suddenly realised what this had reminded me of (couldn’t put my finger on it before):

(seeing Stealing Sheep live next month - yay! Highly recommended)
(ETA PS that BB post was what got me into them, BB - keep finding wonderful for me!)

3 Likes

" This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Sorry about that." I’m in US!

fclSZot

23 Likes

Deformation Assessment Nodding Cat, Erect.

Useful investigative tool if you have a wandering mound class linen anomaly in your house; and the mnemonic makes it easy to remember.

5 Likes

The music is pretty perfect.
10 Likes

With my two cats you can really see the difference in their hunting styles.

One is perfectly happy chasing the “mouse” around and pouncing on it over and over again.

The other cat basically tries her hardest to rip the covers off and murder so hard whatever it is that’s under there.

Basically one likes to toy with her prey, the other is just out to kill.

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I usually get - danger eyes! :eyes::scream_cat:

2 Likes